1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

A couple of 4 hour volunteer experiences

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by OneDayDoctor, May 12, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. OneDayDoctor

OneDayDoctor 2+ Year Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Hey all,

I have a couple of 4 hour volunteer experiences (in addition to my main volunteer activities). Are they worth listing? Is there any way that listing them could actually hurt?

Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dancingmate

dancingmate 5+ Year Member

Jul 2, 2012
    I don't think it would hurt or help you in anyway. It just depends on your perception of the experience in my opinion. If the experience was significant to your growth and you feel like it was something that opened your eyes to an issue, then I would. Don't simply put something on AMCAS to rack up volunteer hours. 8 hours isn't going to make a difference.

4. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing herd protection SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

If it's the only fluff on your application, it won't hurt you. Consider just tacking mention of them onto the end of another activity slot.