Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

A couple of 4 hour volunteer experiences

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by OneDayDoctor, 05.12.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. OneDayDoctor

OneDayDoctor 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey all,

I have a couple of 4 hour volunteer experiences (in addition to my main volunteer activities). Are they worth listing? Is there any way that listing them could actually hurt?

Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dancingmate

dancingmate 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I don't think it would hurt or help you in anyway. It just depends on your perception of the experience in my opinion. If the experience was significant to your growth and you feel like it was something that opened your eyes to an issue, then I would. Don't simply put something on AMCAS to rack up volunteer hours. 8 hours isn't going to make a difference.

4. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing herd protection SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Verified
    Physician
    Verified
    Faculty
    If it's the only fluff on your application, it won't hurt you. Consider just tacking mention of them onto the end of another activity slot.

About the ads