A couple of questions about FLECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoeLoni

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted but have not recieved any information.

What day does orientation start?

What day do classes start?

Do we get a Xmas Break this year?

Are there any condos near the school that are for sale?

What is the nicest (safest, cleanest, most convenient, etc...) part of town to live in?

Are any of you other FLECOM students married?

That is all for now, thanks for your help
-Joe

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by JoeLoni
What day does orientation start?

What day do classes start?

These things are not known because they are contingent on completion of the building. See other thread(s) for the progress on this.

Do we get a Xmas Break this year?

Yes.

Are there any condos near the school that are for sale?

Many condoes near the school. Prices? Starting in the $300,000s. Go into Bradenton/Sarasota for lower prices.

What is the nicest (safest, cleanest, most convenient, etc...) part of town to live in?

Lakewood Ranch itself. I'd say, based on cleanliness and safety, stay out of the area of Bradenton around 14th St. W.

-Noah

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
In my acceptance letter it said i would peridically recieve more information about Financial aid, housing, school info, etc.... how long before I can expect to recive some of that stuff in the mail?

That stuff will trickle in for the next few months. You won't actually know how much financial aid you will receive until after classes start. It's a little scary, but somehow it all works out in the end. (BTW, calling doesn't do any good. They'll just tell you that they are working on the 3rd and 4th year's financial aid and they will get to you in plenty of time.) Good luck!

a little OT, but the name FLECOM doesnt sound too good. i like lecom-bradenton a whole lot better.

reminds me of those pesty little critters.

bryant said:
a little OT, but the name FLECOM doesnt sound too good. i like lecom-bradenton a whole lot better.

reminds me of those pesty little critters.

It sounds funny saying lake erie in florida though......

Maybe they should think of a catchy name :)

What about LECOMB.

Gets rids of the fleas, still easy to see you're part of LECOM, and it has the Bradenton branch embedded in the name.

Oh ya, I'm still hearing that Sept 13 is first day of class.

I'd like if it had it's own name like AZCOM. AZCOM is affiliated with CCOM, but it's not called CCOM-Glendale.

BCOM all the way!! Nice and simple! :D

I don't know....the novelty of FLECOM hasn't quite worn off here in Erie.

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
SCOM - Sunshine College of Osteopathic Medicine

or

GCCOM - Gulf Coast College of Osteopathic Medicine

GCCOM all the way I love that. I think we should use that anyways! :D

i dunno about GCCOM...reminds me of what my magnet high school friends used to call the regular kids "GC" for General Curriculum...i don't mind BCOM...FLECOM is just no good.

doc erica said:
i dunno about GCCOM...reminds me of what my magnet high school friends used to call the regular kids "GC" for General Curriculum...i don't mind BCOM...FLECOM is just no good.

Oooohhhhh Erica's just toooo good for those general curriculum kids.... :rolleyes:

Wow, so many choices of good names now. I dont know. I like GCCOM, or SCOM, but BCOM doens't suit me very well. How about... (drumroll)...
FLOCOM
(Florida College of Osteopathic Medicine)

Its kinda catchy and has a "cool" and "laid back" feel to it. Let me know what yall think. But if you hate it, its GCCOM for me. I'm already going to refer to it as that. Good call Kid P.

RR

For me, its simplicity. I'm all about the FCOM. Or perhaps the Lakewood Ranch College of Osteopathic Medicine (LRCOM). BCOM is good too though. Wonder what it will be on our diplomas?

-Joey

BCOM, since it was my idea, seemed nice. Then I was like no one knows about Bradenton specifically. Its not necessarily like CCOM or NYCOM. GCCOM, however generalizes everything and is much more appropriate. Honestly I'd rather go to the Gulf Coast than Bradenton, lol know what I mean. Anyways this is a pretty neat thread lets keep the names rolling! ;)

FLOCOM is pretty cool, but makes me think of an old lady named Flo. The problem I have with BCOM is that, as Zia said, nobody knows what Bradenton is - although maybe we can change that. I think the best ideas so far are GCCOM and FCOM.
I don't think the powers that be at LECOM would like us taking it upon ourselves to change the name of the school though ;)

The simple truth IS the fact that the "powers that be" will limit what you can or cannot do...so, get used to Lecom-Bradenton.

Btw, I am an ambassador next year and being that I'm PBL, I will be one of the few, the proud, FL "big brothers." Let me know if you have any questions.

Dr_Sax

This thread reminds me of a "top ten list" a guy in my class made. I saved it because I thought it was hysterical...

TOP TEN REJECTED NAMES FOR THE NEW FLORIDA SCHOOL
10. LECOM on the Beach
9. South of the Border Medicine
8. FLECOM
7. Mickey Mouse Manipulation Center
6. LECOM with a Tan
5. Kissimmee St. LECOM
4. Hey It's Not Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
3. Cold Name-Warm Climate Osteopathic Medical School
2. We're in Florida - We Don't Need a Spring Break Medical School

And the #1 rejected name...
1. Feretti-land

:laugh:

Thank you DOtobe for making me laugh.
That is all.
:D

DOtobe said:
This thread reminds me of a "top ten list" a guy in my class made. I saved it because I thought it was hysterical...

TOP TEN REJECTED NAMES FOR THE NEW FLORIDA SCHOOL
10. LECOM on the Beach
9. South of the Border Medicine
8. FLECOM
7. Mickey Mouse Manipulation Center
6. LECOM with a Tan
5. Kissimmee St. LECOM
4. Hey It's Not Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
3. Cold Name-Warm Climate Osteopathic Medical School
2. We're in Florida - We Don't Need a Spring Break Medical School

And the #1 rejected name...
1. Feretti-land

:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

great list! that be funny, yo!

ok...GCCOM ain't that bad ;)

yasmeensak said:
Are they actually planning on renaming the school, or are we just coming up with names 'for kicks?'

Are there going to be any MSIIs in Bradenton in the fall, or will it only be MSIs?

Thanks,
Yasmeen

They are holding a contest for renaming the school and coming up with a new logo design. Send your entries to Dr. Ferreti and make sure you include your name.

No MSII's.

(nicedream) said:
They are holding a contest for renaming the school and coming up with a new logo design. Send your entries to Dr. Ferreti and make sure you include your name.

No MSII's.

Hey Noah thats neat where did you get that info from? :confused: Oh and also is there a prize for the winner!?

zman1910 said:
Hey Noah thats neat where did you get that info from? :confused: Oh and also is there a prize for the winner!?

Yes the prize is you get carved into one of the columns in Erie and your admission revoked.

(nicedream) said:
Yes the prize is you get carved into one of the columns in Erie and your admission revoked.
:laugh: :laugh: :mad:

Hey, how 'bout FeeCOM? Heheh. No, that wouldn't work. Wouldn't want to irritate the regime. But seriously, the "powers that be" only have so much power, and power is a perceived notion. We need a catchy nick-name even if it won't be called that officially. :D

..wait what was this thread originally about?.... :confused:

Verbatim81 said:
..wait what was this thread originally about?.... :confused:

A couple questions about whatevercom