1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

a couple questions for re-applicants..

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by sierrawest, Jun 14, 2008.

1. sierrawest

2+ Year Member

If you are applying to pharmacy school after the first time

- Do you start pharmcas all over again from scratch?
    - Can you use and submit the same LORs as before or?

And has anyone here taken a year off after UG before entering pharmacy school? Alot of people take a year off after getting a BS, but are there any real negative effects?

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tk1tpod

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    1. unfortunately you have to start all over agian
    2. you may want to contact the school on this because usually they want you to get new lors, it can be from the same ppl you asked before but sometimes they require you to change a least one person.

i took like 3 years off after undergrad to work full time to get money to pay for school... i'm starting pharm school this aug. as far as negative effects, I don't really know if I will have any YET (hopefully NOT). I see the advantage in that you get a break if you take a year off and really find out if pharmacy is right for you. After I finished UG I decided to continue working at the pharmacy but full time and I discovered that the more I worked that the more I enjoyed pharmacy.

The only negative effects I can think of is that it might be hard to go back to school because you might get overwhelmed with all the work initially but if you're really determined and work hard, you should be fine and not fall behind in your coursework.

Good luck!