A.D.A.M for Gross Anatomy

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by DOnut, Sep 14, 2002.

1. DOnut

DOnut Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. double elle

double elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

DOnut,
    I bought this last year, after we'd already completed one quarter of anatomy that included the musculature. So, I don't know how handy it would have been for that.

However, during thoracic and abdominal stuff...it was priceless and I loved it! I think I paid 60-70 bucks (with shipping) or somewhere around there.

We are talking about the ADAM Interactive atlas, right? Also, be sure that you aren't ordeing the 'teacher' edition...order the Student edition. From what I could tell, they are identical, but the teacher edition costs much more because of copyright stuff.

Also, this CD is NOT burnable. At least, I couldn't get it to burn. I know there are techies out there who could probably get around it, though.

4. DOnut

DOnut Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks double elle,

I know that spending time in the lab is always the best thing, but the CD just seemed cool to me. If I get it, I will definitely look out for the student edition.

5. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason
    10+ Year Member

I have the ADAM series (there is more than one) yet never had the time to play with it (time = limiting factor; go figure in med school).

I do play with Netter's Clinical CD a bunch. Good for musculature and blood supply. Great labels plus you can print/view plates without labels for self-testing. Another bonus, it's easily burnable (moral-issues aside).

Tip on the ADAM thingy.... use CloneCD (http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/index.html).

We're all big boys and girls... and know the difference between right and left (or wrong if you're a pessimist).

;)

-A

6. Careofme

Careofme Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hey Amra,

can you hook a buddy up?

K2