A.D.A.M for Gross Anatomy

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by DOnut, Sep 14, 2002.

1. DOnut

DOnut Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. imtiaz

imtiaz i cant translate stupid
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i have it. it's alright.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mycin1600

mycin1600 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Mock on-line practicals suck. Nothing compares to the real thing. Ignore the smell. Suck it up. Go to lab. Quiz yourself.

Learning from a prosected on-line picture of a cadaver is the worst way to learn anatomy. Not only will you not learn anatomy, but you will be gratuitously squinting your eyes trying to figure out where you are and what the stupid arrow is pointing to.

4. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Gotta agree with Mycin's point in general. My school has a good anatomy dissection study program, but its usefulness is truly limited. Its okay for review, but not terribly useful for learning in general, IMO.

I hate spending so many hours with the cadavers, but its the only way that you really learn it!

5. KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member

My class president this year decided we should do a mock practical before the midterm. Everyone loved the idea and signed up for it. The professors thought it was a GREAT idea and would take out some of the stress of the big day. They agreed to make up 5 sample questions each and are even coming in today to time it so that its as true to life as possible. Granted, its only 20 questions, but it will give us a feel for the real thing.

6. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

at my school, a group of second year students called the knowledge co-op prepares a complete practice practical two days before all our exams. they go through and tag the structures that were tagged on last year's corresponding practical. we had our second practice practical last night (the real thing is tomorrow!!). they're pretty good, and a great way to really see what you know. some of the tags are a little sketchy (no landmarks, ambiguous, or just plain wrong), but each cadaver has 1 tag and a card that says what the tag is, so you can check your progress along the way. the only drawback is that the knowledge co-op doesn't have access to the radiographs we get tested on, so none of those. this practice practical thing has been great. even if your school doesn't do it, you should pair up with a few pepole, grab some string and tag a few things on your body and test eachother. it really helps.