A Day in the Life of a Medical Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Children's is apparently one of the best pediatric hospitals in the country. I'm not sure if it's world-renowned, but it definitely seems to have an awesome reputation.

By the way, one of the residents they followed is my neighbor. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say the thing that holds back Arkansas Children's Hospital more than anything is that it's in Arkansas. If it was located any where else, everyone would know about it.

i've heard and seen ppl who switched to anes or em or some other areas after being dropped from surgical specialties such as neurosurg.

Well, I don't know what most of them do, but there aren't actually that many people who don't make it through residency. There are very few people that get kicked out of residency, and a lot of times I think they just reapply to other residency programs (like, those in less desirable locations and in less desirable specialties) and eventually make it through. Also, a lot of the people who get fired from their residencies get fired for doing something dishonest or unethical. Most people who make it to residency can and do make it through residency. Don't panic!