A Question Regarding DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Futuredentist001

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I would do some research on each individual school to see if they have any score cut offs. Schools up north (like NYU and Tufts) hold reading as a high priority and a score of 16 might affect your chances of receiving an interview (luckily, those programs are not on your list). Other schools will overlook a low reading and QR score with a high TS score(for example UAB, add it to your list!). It really varies depending on the school. Contact the admissions office of each university and ask them for advice. Unless you have a top choice dental school that requires a high reading score, I don't think you have to retake it. Your other sections are golden and you have a very competitive GPA. My advice for next cycle, (as I am sure you have heard before and won't stop hearing because it's true) apply early!

Congratulations, those are amazing scores with the exception of reading. You have an excellent chance at interviews, but I would do some research on your own and make sure those schools do not have a cut off. On an interview you will more than likely be asked about that reading score, I would make sure to have a great response, and I would not say a lack of sleep.

Just my 2 cents...Nancy, owner, Orgoman

Status
Not open for further replies.