1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

A drought!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ItsGavinC, Aug 19, 2002.

1. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I'm currently experiencing a several-day drought at my mailbox and am looking forward to receiving the refreshing waters of dental school mail. Anybody else thirsty? :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I just received interview invites from UPENN and Temple. I just called UPENN and they said that I should be receiving my interview invite soon.

the scary part is that that I haven't even taken my DAT's yet.

Maybe they'll accept me without my DAT's. :p

It was a good day today, thanks to the grace of God.

DesiDentist

PS: for all those who are going to apply for 2004, just apply early and you will get awards even before you think you deserve them.

Apply the first day.

4. smile_doctor

smile_doctor Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I received an invitation to interview at Temple today! Applying early really does make a difference!:clap:

5. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    yay! smile doc, yay! gavin, yay! annimul yay! desi...wait that's me, oh what the heck, yay!

yay! for everyone who will be getting interviews this week.

DesiDentist

6. RSXer

RSXer :) UoMBCDSCo07 :)
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I've felt a similar drought. It seems like from my converations with different schools' admissions officers that dental schools are one or the other of the following:

1) They are really on top of their game and get to work right when they receive the first batch of AADSAS apps. THats why we first batchers got a rush of stuff these past previous weeks.

OR

2) They are busy with orientation and making "financial packages" for the 2002 incoming sudents...and they'll start to processing 2003 apps in September.

Alot of my schools seem like they fall under the latter, so I just have to play the waiting game with an occasional call or two to remind them of me ;)

BTW, I got an invite to Temple as well. Desi....I pm'd you. :)