Dec 30, 2013
Status
Non-Student
so I got my fall grades and I got THREE C's...and I already got into a few schools. Nothing below. Straight C's and C+'s (no minuses). Am I DOOMED? gg.

Ferneezy

I don't always Go Blue, but when I do...
5+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2009
Status
Dental Student
so I got my fall grades and I got THREE C's...and I already got into a few schools. Nothing below. Straight C's and C+'s (no minuses). Am I DOOMED? gg.
neat

squigloo

Cutest Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Undergrad OP ple nerf

Reactions: Ferneezy

rnco

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 30, 2013
Yes, I hate to say this, but I think there is a very good chance that your offer is going to get rescinded. I actually had this happen to someone I know last year; no fails or D's but over a couple C's. You need to go back and read the conditions of your acceptance letter…...

Reactions: steiner2

AVB2104

5+ Year Member
May 17, 2013
Status
Dentist
It is best to call the school. However, since you didn't fail any of those classes, you should be ok.

I told a school that I had dropped 3 classes after I was accepted. I got a call from the dean saying that it was ok. She didn't even ask why I dropped them. (They were 2 upper level science and a lab).

OP
B
Dec 30, 2013
Status
Non-Student
Yes, I hate to say this, but I think there is a very good chance that your offer is going to get rescinded. I actually had this happen to someone I know last year; no fails or D's but over a couple C's. You need to go back and read the conditions of your acceptance letter…...
do you know which school that was?

and also my letter said just complete courses.

OP
B
Dec 30, 2013
Status
Non-Student
pribably either NYU or UOP I'm guessing

mkhan27

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
I would say that it depends on the school. My friend applied last year and during his fall semester he got a D in biochemistry in undergrad. He called the school and told them about it and they became hesitant to accept him then. They began to question whether he would be able to hand the rigor of dental school compared to undergrad because of just one course. They told him to re-take that course and try to get a higher grade and have it completed before starting dental school. He's right now in that same dental school as a D1 and doing fine!

So it depends on the school

Jul 22, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
At VCU the requirement is a C or above, however the requirement probably depends on the school

Oct 16, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
don't tell the schools. They'll never know.... Until you're required to turn in your transcripts before you matriculate. Then you'll be SOL after the cycle ends and they terminate your seat because you purposely withheld your crap grades. your choice there bud

Reactions: WarDamn

nahehes49

5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Wouldn't the school find out regardless when you send your final transcript?

I think each dental school has a different policy. Ucsf definitely cares and the application goes under a secondary review where there is a possibility of your acceptance being changed

ModifiedBass

5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2013
Status
Dentist
I would probably leave the states if I were you. Move to Jamaica and pick up songwriting.

Reactions: Jaesango

predentalgirl

5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Call.... the..... schools.......

Not that hard to do (if you are seriously THAT worried, I feel like you woulda done something by now?).........

y3nd0

Kitteh likes to stare
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2012
Status
Dental Student
thank you everyone! keep your opinions coming!
I don't know what you're looking for. What other opinions can we, non-adcommers, provide for you? Do you want a step by step process for hacking into your school computers to change your grades?

Plenty people already told you to call the schools, and that is the best advice, so just call the schools and put this thread to rest.

Minion

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jul 11, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
if you are not going to call the school, then you should apply again with those c's.

AFlo1770

Marquette!
Aug 27, 2011
Midwest
Status
Pre-Dental
My acceptance letters all told me to 1. not get any grade below a C and 2. not have any significant drop in GPA. Hope it works out for you BobMarley!

OP
B
Dec 30, 2013
Status
Non-Student
My acceptance letters all told me to 1. not get any grade below a C and 2. not have any significant drop in GPA. Hope it works out for you BobMarley!
helpful! any more like this? what if the acceptance letter doesn't give anything else besides finishing school and receiving a degree?

and don't tell me to call the schools. I'm sure there are others that have received letters with the above written.

Glimmer1991

5+ Year Member
May 5, 2012
NC
Status
Dental Student
helpful! any more like this? what if the acceptance letter doesn't give anything else besides finishing school and receiving a degree?
and don't tell me to call the schools. I'm sure there are others that have received letters with the above written.
b0bmarley, I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but we legitimately cannot help you any further on this issue.
Each school has a different policy on this. It doesn't matter what our letters say--it matters what yours say.
If you are humble and completely honest about your situation, it will get you further than if you try to hide it.

Jul 24, 2011
Glimmer, I think he is looking for comfort in knowing others have had a similar experience with a positive outcome, more than anything else.