a few questions- is ucsd rejecting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waiting123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if ucsd is rejecting people cause i have been waiting to see if i got an interview from them. I called aobut a month ago and the lady told me i should hear from them in about two weeks ( which have long past). I am confused -are they waiting to reject me in march or have they already been sending rejections? Any info would be helpful! Also, is UCIrvine still sending invites :confused: ? How long did you all wait after your secondary to receive invites to these schools? Also, for those who have interviewed at Emory but not been accepted yet, do you think you have good chances in march? I did not get accepted after the feb meeting so I don't really have high hopes for march (how many can they possibly accept at the last minute? :( ). I think it is one of those school that really takes into account your undergrad! I have higher stats than their averages but my undergrad isn't an ivy or top state school. Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Bye and congrats to all who have been accepted! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Still waiting on Irvine, it's been 3 months now since the secondary. Hang in there. Also, I would definitely not be obsessing about "last minute" issues this year. Every school is way behind.

I don't know too much about UCSD, I got a hold for interview from them about 2 months after I was complete.
For Irvine, I got an interview invite about 2 months after I sent in the secondary, and that was a couple of weeks ago. So they are interviewing.
hope this was helpful

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that UCSD is rejecting people. They are also putting a lot of people on hold for possible interview (like me). UCI is still interviewing

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot guys or gals! Your info did help. I guess that I should be somewhat happy that I haven't heard from them yet then. I think I will email ucsd to tell them I will be in cali for a week in march (i am from cali and will be there for spring break :cool: ) and to tell them that if they wanted to interview me I would appreciate it if they did it during this time period. I don't think it will hurt my chances if I do this and plus it could potentially save me some inconvenience of having to go out there again. Bye! :)