A few quick questions regarding med schools in israel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schroon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate if posters would provide their opinions on the following questions regarding med schools in israel:

1. What MCAT and GPA does a US citizen need to be competitive for admission to Sackler or the other med schools in Israel?

2. Is the religion of the applicant a factor in the admissions process?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

1. What MCAT and GPA does a US citizen need to be competitive for admission to Sackler or the other med schools in Israel?

This has been discussed in other threads. BGU states on their website and in official material that the average MCAT and GPA for last year's entering class were 29 and 3.45, respectively. Sackler and Technion don't release stats, but based on conversations from previous years it seems like competitive applicants had stats somewhat higher than US DO admits. It may be more competitive now. That said, I have heard of people getting accepted with all sorts of stats, so if you are interested I'd say go ahead and apply.

2. Is the religion of the applicant a factor in the admissions process?

Not at all. However, they want to know that you will be able to adjust to life in Israel, so if you have Israel experience it's viewed as a big plus (but certainly not a requirement).

rabsa....

thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions.

Sincere best wishes.