A few weeks of freedom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rogue Synapse

The Dude Has Got No Mercy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure all the people that have been accepted, but haven't started yet (hence are still "pre-med") have jumped over to the allo forum. Still, I didn't want to clutter the actual med student forum with this kind of blatantly pre-allo chatter...

We start in just a couple of weeks. Is anyone else developing a major case of the "oh my god"? Our lives are about to change in a big, permanent way. It's going to go from every day on the beach to the most difficult academic experience of our lives overnight. I faked my way through undergrad and grad school - I feel like I'm going to be exposed as the world's biggest slacker soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Rogue Synapse said:
I'm sure all the people that have been accepted, but haven't started yet (hence are still "pre-med") have jumped over to the allo forum. Still, I didn't want to clutter the actual med student forum with this kind of blatantly pre-allo chatter...

We start in just a couple of weeks. Is anyone else developing a major case of the "oh my god"? Our lives are about to change in a big, permanent way. It's going to go from every day on the beach to the most difficult academic experience of our lives overnight. I faked my way through undergrad and grad school - I feel like I'm going to be exposed as the world's biggest slacker soon.

pretty much feel the same. huge slacker here also.

but then again i can't see myself doing anything else and i know that if plenty of people have done it before me, so can i.

now i just gotta brace myself for meeting people and making friends... not my forte. having flashbacks to college orientation 7 years ago where, i swear to god, everyone already knew someone there.

remember way back then, the feeling you had during orientation for college freshmen year. i doubt we'll get that feeling again

Members don't see this ad :)
braluk said:
remember way back then, the feeling you had during orientation for college freshmen year. i doubt we'll get that feeling again

you mean that week of the 'meat market'? i'm sure it's the same at med school, only with a much smaller selection

nah im talking about just that feeling of freedom and doing whatever the hell you want and ppl bbqing and all other students and whatnot. Ignorance is bliss.