A Goljan glossary would be nice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aerial

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Goljan is involved with way too many path books... and now I'm just confused. Rapid review, Mosby, his "high yield" notes, his classnotes-- can someone explain the difference? Idiopathic or Dr. Mom (if you two still browse) could you take a moment to explain?

Members don't see this ad.

please...someone answer this question. i've been wondering the same thing. i'm so confused about this goljan guy. thanks!

aerial said:
Goljan is involved with way too many path books... and now I'm just confused. Rapid review, Mosby, his "high yield" notes, his classnotes-- can someone explain the difference? Idiopathic or Dr. Mom (if you two still browse) could you take a moment to explain?

Yes, I think I'll reply to myself.

His rapid review books are supposedly very similar to his classnotes. I still don't know about the high yield set though. If I hear anything, I'll make another reply to myself.

In addition to the ones mentioned above, there's something else that he writes, but I couldn't remember it when I originally posted, and I can't seem to remember it now. More reason to post a message back to myself later.

Members don't see this ad :)
aerial said:
Yes, I think I'll reply to myself.

His rapid review books are supposedly very similar to his classnotes. I still don't know about the high yield set though. If I hear anything, I'll make another reply to myself.

The RR books are his class notes. This is an important point.

The 'high-yield' stuff is really only helpful in getting that extra point or two, not in passing the test. I think that it might have helped me get from 255 to 258, but it didnt help me break 240. The stuff was so obscure, that it mainly helped me understand some of the more obscure concepts and categorize some arcane info. If you understand the RR stuff and read through it again (rather than look at the HY notes), when pressed for time, you will be much better off.

aerial said:

In decreasing order of value:

1. Rapid Review pathology = class notes
2. Stars Pathology
3. Rapid Review for USMLE step 1
4. 'High yield' notes (the 36 pages, etc.)

Idiopathic said:
In decreasing order of value:

1. Rapid Review pathology = class notes
2. Stars Pathology
3. Rapid Review for USMLE step 1
4. 'High yield' notes (the 36 pages, etc.)

Thanks Idio :thumbup:

Hey is his RR for USMLE step 1 enough in depth for the test. I have kinda been looking at that book and the BRS path book and it seems the BRS path book gives more details. Any thoughts?

north2southOMFS said:
Hey is his RR for USMLE step 1 enough in depth for the test. I have kinda been looking at that book and the BRS path book and it seems the BRS path book gives more details. Any thoughts?

If I am not mistaken, his RR book is questions only. It is as in-depth as a question book can be.

north2southOMFS said:

perhaps u are talking about the RR Pathology book, and to answer that question, do a search, you will find many threads on that topic.

The RR USMLE Step 1 book is questions only, like a previous poster stated.