A good approach to the online self-study TPR course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NabobSamurai

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I have just recently (3 weeks in) started the online TPR self-paced course. My uni was nice enough to pay for it! What I find is that it is *exhausting*. For those of you who aren't enrolled, it is divided into 41 classes, some from each of the subject areas corresponding with the TPR books.

What I find is that after reading the chapters, the videos seem to lack detail and feel repetitive, without really being reinforcing. The amplifire modules are tiresome (especially Physics!). By the time I reach the corresponding practice passages, I feel like I just want to move on from the class onto another, but I am not doing well enough on them to proclaim mastery of the subject areas the class covers. I leave some passages from every class, so I can have some to do when I go back and review. I am not taking notes, cause that's not really how I learn (and with all the work each class requires, I feel like I'd slow down even more.)

I am averaging 1 - 1 1/2 classes each week, but I want to get to about 3 so I can finish up by May and move on to Khan Academy, EK, and AAMC stuff. I am taking the exam in August, so I have time on my side.

Let me know if you're also doing TPR online like me! I'd love to share notes and get some details on how you guys have approached the course. Do y'all think it would be more beneficial to do classes from different subject areas at a time to retain interest or is one class at a time better? Let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't waste your time on their amplifiers.. Total waste of time , get the Berkeley Review science book... and focus on passage based questions.

Don't waste your time on their amplifiers.. Total waste of time , get the Berkeley Review science book... and focus on passage based questions.

Thanks, I don't know if I am gonna invest in TBR yet. I have literally all the other book sets by some chance.