A good story to read...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First, is 15 minutes really the norm for patient meetings? That seems a little harsh, but not that I know. Secondly, kudos to Dr. Keto for his insightfulness, but the article makes out every big practice as evil. I'm probably being a little too criticizing, but primary care definitely not for everybody, and nt all primary care doctors are saints. That article made me feel that way.

First, is 15 minutes really the norm for patient meetings? That seems a little harsh, but not that I know. Secondly, kudos to Dr. Keto for his insightfulness, but the article makes out every big practice as evil. I'm probably being a little too criticizing, but primary care definitely not for everybody, and nt all primary care doctors are saints. That article made me feel that way.

Thanks for your feedback. No, I did not mean to attack big practice, or to believe all primary care physicians are saints. I just thought that the article reminds us how much our decision as med students or as physician (what field we chose, how we treat our patients, etc...) are consciously and unconsciously influenced by market forces and policy decisions. And, stories of courageous physicians (in their each ways) make me motivated to study for the goal! :luck: