soaringheights

Learning to fly
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2006
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Piper at the Gates of Dawn was one of the best albums by Pink Floyd, and Syd was the original brilliant talent in the group.
Shine on Syd...

10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2004
CO
Status
He was great...... I haven't been this bummed since Joey Ramone died. Makes me feel old.

OldPsychDoc

Senior Curmudgeon
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
Left of Center
Status
Attending Physician
We would have to be ruling out drug-induced psychosis, first, of course...

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Bible Belt and loving it
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Definitely substance induced - I just couldn't fathom the thought of him being schizophrenic and truly tortured in that sense. You know, we've all been there, our psychotic drug induced states causing us to be so prolific and yet the world just doesn't understand <sigh>

Shine on you crazy diamond.... How I wish... How I wish you were here, we're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year, running over the same ground and how we found.... the same old fears, wish you were here.

I'll find you again brother, I'll find you again :oops: <flicks bic lighter, holding it in the air... SOB SOB SOB>

OP
Anasazi23

Anasazi23

Your Digital Ruler
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2003
The innocent shall suffer...big time
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
OldPsychDoc said:
We would have to be ruling out drug-induced psychosis, first, of course...

Definately in the differential. But there were hints of disturbance and odd behavior even prior to the psychedelic drug scene:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13814051/

Likely a combination of both, as we've seen in so many cases. Diathesis-physiological stress.