A in O-Chem, C+ in Gen Chem as a Freshman

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoeKing

Determined Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been working extremely hard to pull up my GPA from freshman year when I was doing athletics and battling injuries. Will the fact that I got an A in O-chem help out the fact that I got a C+ in Gen Chem as a Freshman, will Adcoms see that I have been improving? I know a C is bad but all I can do is improve..

Members don't see this ad.

They will notice that youre improving aslong as your GPA is on a upward trend aswell. If youre considering DO then you should know that AACOMAS allows grade replacement, so if you retake gen.chem and get an A youll get a boost.

If you continue to improve as you're doing now, then all you'll have to worry about is the interview question of "So Joe, tell me about that C in Chemistry". 4.0 automatons are a dime-a-dozen, and even Harvard doesn't expect perfection.

I have been working extremely hard to pull up my GPA from freshman year when I was doing athletics and battling injuries. Will the fact that I got an A in O-chem help out the fact that I got a C+ in Gen Chem as a Freshman, will Adcoms see that I have been improving? I know a C is bad but all I can do is improve..

If you continue to improve as you're doing now, then all you'll have to worry about is the interview question of "So Joe, tell me about that C in Chemistry". 4.0 automatons are a dime-a-dozen, and even Harvard doesn't expect perfection.

Nice, yeah I have a strong upward trend (4.0 for the last 40+ credit hours) I had like 40 credits at sub 3.0 though... so my plan is to pull my cumulative up to 3.4ish and apply early and broadly. I am getting in the low-mid 30s on practice MCATs and still have to take Orgo 2 and Physics 2. If I dont get in when I apply next cycle I will go SMP.