A- in Organic Chemistry 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So how will Adcoms or acceptance committees view this? I know this might seem like a stupid question, but if you've had straight A's for 2 quarters then A- in organic, does that raise a flag, or put u at disadvantage (given that your freshman year was quite terrible).

I might be worrying alot, but i cant help but think about it.
Thanks!

UPDATE:
OK i really dont want to seem like a "troll" or whatever, but really. My situation was that I really messed up my first Year and half (so Freshman AND half of sophomore year). Ive been busting off straight A's to salvage my GPA, and I might end up with an A- on it. Im just thinking that since so much emphasis is placed on that course, it might just hurt my chances of getting into med school. That's all...I appreciate the feedback.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad.

seriously dude.. A- in organic is somewhat of an achievement

For real, you must have had to put in a lot of work to do that poorly...

did you EVER show up to class?

Every A I've ever gotten in college has been an A-

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to be amused when I saw this post, but then I saw the ridiculous harassment going on. For those of you that would tell him/her to stfu, maybe you should just not post. Posting insults is trolling. The OP was concerned and wanted an outlet. If you're mad because you can't come close to an A-, then that's your problem.

I got an A in both Orgo I and II and I considered retaking it

The level of hostility in this thread is baffling. Put yourself in his shoes. This forum sometimes makes it seem like you need a 4.0 and a balanced 36 to have a decent shot at medical school, and it also makes it pretty clear that your grades need to have an upward trend.

He is probably just concerned that adcoms might see his A- as a downward trend, like they know he is capable of straight As and so see his A- as a sign he is getting lazy. It's a legitimate (if uneducated) concern.

In other news, my last orgo exam had a class average of 27%. The things I would do for an A-....

acbrbo.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

14130-be8c3a-550-373.jpg

Seriously, I'm a freshman. I peeked in one of my friends notebook for Orgo and my brain 'bout implode. Besides A- in any class is a godsend

Hey OP. Do not worry about the A-. I also had a crappy 1st/2nd year of college. Wasn't thinking about my future at all and I got a C- in Ochem. I started doing better my last couple of years, but in the end I still had quite a few C's and B-'s to my name. I applied this year. I already have 3 acceptances. Not a single person commented negatively on my GPA or grades. In fact one interview said "I see you majored in Biochemistry and did very well...." I was shocked but I wasn't going to argue! I say RELAX, do not retake it and focus on getting As and Bs for the rest of your time.