1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

A letter from Downstate..anyone else got this?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by New York, Nov 1, 2002.

1. New York

New York Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Ok, I was under the impression that Downstate sends interview invitation viz email only but I received this letter in mail today saying this..
    "The Admissions Committee has asked that you be invited to our campus for an interview later this fall semester, to further evaluate your qualifications for admission. You will be contacted by email during December to schedule an interview date."

So, I'm being invited for an interview but I have to wait till December to schedule it? I dunno but I didnt know what to make of it..

Anyone else get a letter like this from them?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. skijag3

skijag3 Member
    7+ Year Member

I received the very same letter. I am very confused by it as well. Why do we have to wait until December? hmmm...

4. vm26

vm26 Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I received a letter from them saying that my application is now complete and that they will notify me as soon as "further action" is taken on my application and to be patient and not to call them. They also enclosed a brochure "Info for med school applicants". Sorta strange.

5. JJNY

JJNY 0-MD in 4.0yrs Buckle up!
    7+ Year Member

I got that letter about a month ago. What gives?? My file was complete the first week of September. :confused: