A Lighthouse, A Man, A City...A BioShock WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did you happen to answer this question?
Oh, sorry no. I completely missed that.

Your interaction with AM reminded me of your village play in the goats game. Your general thread presence and wolf hunting seems genuine, and not like your play in Emojis or basics.

Members don't see this ad.

Official Day 1 A Man Chooses, A Slave Obeys Vote Tally

AM ()
Dina ()
genny (1) - AM
chaos (1) - genny
April (2) - alley, katashark
shorty ()
MsP ()
Trilt () -
LIS ()
Visc (2) - Lawpy, supershorty
vetschoolsplease (3) - Cray, Barks, Dina
Lupin (1) - Chaos
mkg (1) - Cyndia
LaineyLou (1) - mayo
mayo (1) - Lupin
Zenge (1) - April
katashark (1) - LIS
Barks (1) - vetschoolsplease

16/26
Winning: @vetschoolsletmeinplease
Missing: many
yeet close, TODAY, at 10pm EST on 3/2/21 (~9 hours)

and needs protecting video games GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Quoting only the actual leans for me to easily access later.
AM- I don't like the interactions with April, genny or Alissa. I tot'ed the game where AM was wolf and the tone strikes me as similar (granted, not AS severe but similar enough to make me raise an eyebrow.) a note here; i do wanna go back and read some interactions from village AM again bc i think the most recent game may be clouding my judgement. overall: slight wolf lean
alley: i liked the explanations on p560 and then the transparency of p564 pushed her into overall: village lean
april: i noted p495 as not sounding like her reads when she wolves. overall: village lean
barkley: put a pressure (?) vote on me and then left. Even after i directly responded, i didn't like that overall: wolf lean
chaos: I put "p179 first post comin out provillage" and i haven't noted anything since. I don't like that i haven't noted anything since but that may be due to skimming overall: slight village lean
cray: sounds like village cray from what I can tell. overall: village lean
Dina: I didn't like the defense of MsP, it felt weird to me; i think it coulda been defending her to gain village cred if she flipped village overall: slight wolf lean
Genny: nothing has struck me as outside of what i've seen of genny as a villager. From what i remember, when she woofed it was WAY more joke content (like ratio wise) overall: slight village lean
kata: i like what ive seen so far, nothing to ping me either way. overall: neutral
lawpy: everything so far has read provillage to me.
overall: village lean
mkg: seems provillage to me. overall: slight village lean
visc: quiet. coulda missed the start of game, but i don't like how similar it looks to when I wolfed with visc. I see they're here now so im interested to see the content throughout the day. overall: slight wolf lean
zenge: sounds provillage to me but im willing to give weight to the opinion of his partner, she knows him best.
overall: slight village lean.

Members don't see this ad :)
Part of what is pinging me is your particularly formal and amiable language with your thank yous and premature apologies and your overall careful tone. It's not out of your normal as a person, but this tone feels over the top for your WW persona and is making me feel icky about why you're presenting yourself that way.
This seems like a really weird thing to get hung up on.

How do you feel about my reads?

see I remembered about you that you're not a big fan of PMs from that one game we were roster neighbors. I looked to see who was in my group, and it was you, Genny who started a PM with me, and MKG who started a PM with me. I don't generally love PMs except when i want to bi$ch or vent. MKG is very new tho and wouldn't know you don't like to PM.

It’s true I don’t like early game pms, but it still just rubbed me a little wrong. Genny started a pm with me too, but she always does that - I responded to her once but mainly to see what her feels on mkg were. I would give mkg a noob pass but as I recall, the last time a new player eagerly wanted to pm me (you in end of the world) and it rubbed me wrong, I gave you a pass for being new and you ended up flipping wolf. So felt I should trust my gut this time and put some pressure there.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
If it really did rub you the wrong way I'm sorry. If you'd like I can leave the PM
As for my content on the thread, I'd appreciate something specific

really wish I got the memo.

yeah no. I've said I don't like some things april has said, but I was waiting to put her in any lean category because I wanted to see more from her. I wrongly tunnelled her for the entirety of goats and I don't want to repeat that. as for pleasy I've said I agree that something is off? how is that mirroring them?

I’m on my phone but I’ll try to dig up the post that bothered me, one sec.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s true I don’t like early game pms, but it still just rubbed me a little wrong. Genny started a pm with me too, but she always does that - I responded to her once but mainly to see what her feels on mkg were. I would give mkg a noob pass but as I recall, the last time a new player eagerly wanted to pm me (you in end of the world) and it rubbed me wrong, I gave you a pass for being new and you ended up flipping wolf. So felt I should trust my gut this time and put some pressure there.

Reads pls?

Members don't see this ad :)
Welp I just lost all my quotes but I'll try and pull some info from my new handy-dandy spreadsheet to make my points. (Thanks for that, Shorty!)

Alissa's vote swap is a bit odd, but AM's way of going at her is like deja vu all over again, and shes just as abrasive as she was in the last game as a wolf. Could maybe be w/v but not sure which one is which.

For pleasey, I definitely get what Shorty and Cray are feeling about her explanation, and she's someone I'll keep my eye on, especially since April defended her

as for april and her vote, I really think people are reading way too far into a salt vote. If you asked me to bet on where salt votes would be on D1, I'd bet a hundred bucks on April voting AM, regardless of EITHER of their affiliations. Could end up being w/w, v/v, w/v, v/w you name it. I would be way more sus of her if she DIDNT salt vote AM. That being said, for someone who was gunning for AM all last game and has a salt vote on her, I think its odd shes kinda been running parallel to AM with the whole Alissa vote situation, echoing some points but never interacting with her. I'd expect more interaction between the two on that topic

As for Zenge, I feel ok about him. He does some odd stuff, but it always seems to be with the intention of helping village. and getting MsP more involved would certainly help village by allowing us to accurately read her
This post was the main one - it was very wishy washy overall.

Im waiting to see more of her interactions with others to put her in any lean category. I just wanted to point out the information that others were using to read her was NAI to me. I didn't like her point that MsP could simply be posting more because she is a wolf. It reminds me too much of the attempts to yeet doggo last game just because she was trying to post more.

Also too wishy washy for my liking.

Glancing at your iso I see you’ve posted a bunch more since last night, so I’ll reevaluate once I do a read through tonight.

• Hmm
What exactly do you like from kata? None of your reads align with hers and she's posted sparsely.
my bad, I went to go grab an example and then realized I was conflating katashark with a couple of other people. i need to get a better handle on the players I dont know yet, they blended together in my brain in my overnight reading.

• Care
my bad, I went to go grab an example and then realized I was conflating katashark with a couple of other people. i need to get a better handle on the players I dont know yet, they blended together in my brain in my overnight reading.
Uh, can you post a new reads list then?

incoming but y'all aren't gonna like them. I have mostly neutral and soft village

AM- I don't like the interactions with April, genny or Alissa. I tot'ed the game where AM was wolf and the tone strikes me as similar (granted, not AS severe but similar enough to make me raise an eyebrow.) a note here; i do wanna go back and read some interactions from village AM again bc i think the most recent game may be clouding my judgement. overall: slight wolf lean
alissa: i noted the weird exchange w AM around p56 and that's about it. I think her wording of things that some people took issue with have been NAI. overall: neutral
alley: i liked the explanations on p560 and then the transparency of p564 pushed her into overall: village lean
april: i noted p495 as not sounding like her reads when she wolves. overall: village lean
barkley: put a pressure (?) vote on me and then left. Even after i directly responded, i didn't like that overall: wolf lean
chaos: I put "p179 first post comin out provillage" and i haven't noted anything since. I don't like that i haven't noted anything since but that may be due to skimming overall: slight village lean
cyndia: givin her a D1 pass bc she was my manator, haven't noted anything yet. overall: neutral
Dina: I didn't like the defense of MsP, it felt weird to me; i think it coulda been defending her to gain village cred if she flipped village overall: slight wolf lean
Genny: nothing has struck me as outside of what i've seen of genny as a villager. From what i remember, when she woofed it was WAY more joke content (like ratio wise) overall: slight village lean
kata: i like what ive seen so far, nothing to ping me either way. overall: neutral
Lainey: wya?
overall: no opinion
lawpy: everything so far has read provillage to me. overall: village lean
lupin: feeling better about the april stuff from the beginning but i haven't noted much since. overall: neutral
mayo: nothing has pulled me either way. overall: neutral
MsP: squarely in neutral bc she was here and posting but this is an opinion that can go either way pretty quickly for me. overall: neutral
ponytails: haven't seen enough of. overall: no opinion
shorty: is very hard for me to read this game. I have noted that she came out the gate w sus stronger than before but i'm not sure if this is bc she knows who's who or if shes gotten really good at WW. I know last time I woofed she was almost a NK several times bc we felt she had gotten way too good at this game. I also noted that I think her and zenge are v/v or w/v|v/w. She said something was up about him pretty early on, and she knows him pretty dang well so I'm willing to put some weight in that. overall: neutral
snow: I haven't really formed an opinion on yet. i gotta iso this one bc i think that i was skimming too much. overall: neutral
sporty: just got here. overall: no opinion
sunshine: i can appreciate the not wanting to punish playstyles bc i get that it can be straight up mean to do so, and i don't want to believe that it's anyone's goal to be mean. however, besides the note on that interaction, i don't have anything else noted. posting spreadsheets, but I think that's NAI for sunshine. overall: neutral
trilt: haven't formed an opinion either way, they got here overnight and that was the mahority of my skimming. need to read back. overall: neutral
visc: quiet. coulda missed the start of game, but i don't like how similar it looks to when I wolfed with visc. I see they're here now so im interested to see the content throughout the day. overall: slight wolf lean
zenge: sounds provillage to me but im willing to give weight to the opinion of his partner, she knows him best.

ok, i think that's everyone
Wait so you have liked what Kata has said so far, but didn't she just say she was catching up, vote April on vibes and then dip? Shouldn't that bug you since you have April as a village lean?

Note to self to make sure I check when I finally get to the end of these posts to see if Barkley ever answered his/her own question about why it bothers him/her, because if not, Barkey moves wolfy.
It was the way that she quickly jumped on genny's comment about the april/AM conversation being a distraction and used it to throw shade but also hedge a bunch. The whole thing just sketched me out

What are your thoughts on Trout's statement on hedginess of sunshiny's posts?
I didn't see them as super hedgy, but I do agree that she's really done nothing massively AI at this point.

• Hmm
I didn’t like the immediate following of me pressuring MsP, and then following Cray onto pleasy. It feels kind of like Barks is trying to get on a vote early and see what can maybe stick till EOD.

Especially when Barks abandoned the MsP vote after I’d left, without much thought or reason for it, and then jumped on pleasy while “considering” a dislike pleasy’s post.

It’s just a lean, but it’s there.
Except I didn't "follow you" on pressuring MsP at all, I voted there like I tend to like to do when we're in a game together (which was alluded to by both me and MsP) so it's interesting to me that you're viewing it that way and using it to through shade. Plus you're wolf reading me for leaving a joke vote for a real vote?

• Hmm
I'm not sure what part of "I don't like this whole post" made you think it was a pressure vote but it wasn't. And your response was "how can I help you" which didn't feel relevant to me considering it wasn't a pressure vote. But your retaliation is noted.

• Haha
Except I didn't "follow you" on pressuring MsP at all, I voted there like I tend to like to do when we're in a game together (which was alluded to by both me and MsP) so it's interesting to me that you're viewing it that way and using it to through shade. Plus you're wolf reading me for leaving a joke vote for a real vote?
It wasn’t clear to me that it was a joke vote.

Are you still reading pleasy the same? What’s your thoughts on pleasy’s reads here:
incoming but y'all aren't gonna like them. I have mostly neutral and soft village

alissa: i noted the weird exchange w AM around p56 and that's about it. I think her wording of things that some people took issue with have been NAI. overall: neutral
cyndia: givin her a D1 pass bc she was my manator, haven't noted anything yet. overall: neutral
Lainey: wya?
overall: no opinion
lawpy: everything so far has read provillage to me. overall: village lean
lupin: feeling better about the april stuff from the beginning but i haven't noted much since. overall: neutral
mayo: nothing has pulled me either way. overall: neutral
MsP: squarely in neutral bc she was here and posting but this is an opinion that can go either way pretty quickly for me. overall: neutral
ponytails: haven't seen enough of. overall: no opinion
shorty: is very hard for me to read this game. I have noted that she came out the gate w sus stronger than before but i'm not sure if this is bc she knows who's who or if shes gotten really good at WW. I know last time I woofed she was almost a NK several times bc we felt she had gotten way too good at this game. I also noted that I think her and zenge are v/v or w/v|v/w. She said something was up about him pretty early on, and she knows him pretty dang well so I'm willing to put some weight in that. overall: neutral
snow: I haven't really formed an opinion on yet. i gotta iso this one bc i think that i was skimming too much. overall: neutral
sporty: just got here. overall: no opinion
sunshine: i can appreciate the not wanting to punish playstyles bc i get that it can be straight up mean to do so, and i don't want to believe that it's anyone's goal to be mean. however, besides the note on that interaction, i don't have anything else noted. posting spreadsheets, but I think that's NAI for sunshine. overall: neutral
trilt: haven't formed an opinion either way, they got here overnight and that was the mahority of my skimming. need to read back. overall: neutral

ok, i think that's everyone

All I did was open a PM for the sake of opening a PM, because after Genny opened one with me, I thought it was the norm. I didnt ask for reads, or secrets, or try and PR hunt or anything. just said hello to opened up a line of communication for the future, but now I know this wasnt the correct thing to do. I've left the PM and I wont contact you again

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just a couple hours ago April was having a heart attacked because I "asked her too many question".
Having a heart attack? Gosh AM. My eyes were rolling into the back of my skull because it felt like a repeat of the last game and it felt like a pointless distraction for you to drag out a single comment I made.

• Hmm
Having a heart attack? Gosh AM. My eyes were rolling into the back of my skull because it felt like a repeat of the last game and it felt like a pointless distraction for you to drag out a single comment I made.
So you're starting it up again today?

• Okay...
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Updating my reads

Cray - I don't have much to add from my read of Cray yesterday. She's playing pretty much the same as I've seen her play in every other game that we've been in together, where she pulls quotes from everyone, makes her observations, and presses them. She's one of my strongest village reads right now.

Lawpy - so far today, Lawpy has continued to ask people for their reads, and he gave me village vibes yesterday with the things he called out (which I mentioned in my reads post yesterday). The tinfoiling seems like typical village!Lawpy so far too. He's one of my stronger village reads at the moment as well.

Trilt - came on the thread strong and is willing to explain her reasoning. I didn't like that she felt a little stuck on my Dina vote, but like I said this morning, it didn't give me a wolfy feeling, it just felt like a villager probing without putting it in the context of the rest of the thread. Being willing to talk through her reasoning felt villagey to me. I haven't played with Trilt before so this is a weaker village lean right now until I see more.

LIS - his content posts this morning seemed villagey and I followed his logic in them. This is a weaker lean for me too but I haven't seen anything inherently wolfy from him so far.

MsP - MsP hasn't posted yet today, but she had 6 posts yesterday and some of them had some decent content in them. Nothing has happened so far that would change my tentative village read that I had yesterday.

I'll order these as best I can from the villagey side of neutral to the wolfy side of neutral.

AM - I'm mostly getting village vibes from AM between her asking a lot of questions and the posts about village strategy. A couple of tonal things pinged me a little bit that have been mentioned by others on the thread (the snapping at alissa, for example), but I felt like her play in the last game, when she was wolfing, was drastically different from what I see in this thread so far.

Sunny - hasn't posted all that much, but the big post that she made with quotes was pretty typical village!sunny. So is the frustration with people criticizing anti-village play, tbh. She's a little hedgy here and there, and I'll be interested to see what she posts today.

Lupin - I felt like people getting hung up on the "April is towny" comment was kind of making a mountain out of a molehill. I'd like to see some more content posts from Lupin today.

Zenge - I honestly don't really understand why some people are getting a wolf read on Zenge. I don't think he's playing very differently than he has in previous games - he's wordy, sometimes excessively so (which I called him out on in this game early), and he tends to pressure vote people in a way that seems tunnelly at times. I've seen him do that with sunny in previous games and then MsP in this game. He brought MsP up again this morning, and it does feel a little tunnel-esque to me given that her posting pattern yesterday was different than in the other game we played with her - but I don't get the feeling that it's wolfy. It strikes me as not active wolf hunting, but I still see it as an attempt to be pro-village because of the uncertainty around having a player with a chaotic meta, as MsP's has been described before. In other games, he's been read as wolfy for the way he posts too and he's been village in all of those. He's asking a lot of people questions and sharing his thoughts. I just don't see anything different so far that makes me lean wolf on him.

Mayo - I'd like to see some more active wolf hunting from mayo. He's made several posts that are more WW theory/strategy, and I understood the points he was making (although I don't agree with some of them), but I'd like to see more active contributions to building a village bloc or a POE. The arguing with AM strikes me as NAI.

alley - I feel like alley is giving pleasy a pass when her wolf and village play was so similar, but alley did that as village in the basics game too and I know I find pleasy hard to read. Alley felt a little echo-y to me, but I appreciate that she put in her reads and interpretations, and hope to see more from her today.

Dina - don't have a lot to go on here and I'm not great at reading Dina, but her more recent posts have given me better vibes than some of her earlier ones.

Barks - I was village leaning Barks yesterday because of the light pushing on some people's reads, but I'd like to see more today with some more reads and explanations.

These are not in an order.

genny - the lack of reads in response to my question bothers me a lot. Mayo mentioned earlier that many of genny's posts are joke posts, which seems to be just general!genny, and I think the fighting with AM is more related to last game than necessarily AI in this game. But she's also not making any effort to contribute to the village bloc or to find wolves.

pleasy - pleasy yesterday was giving me some wolf vibes because she hadn't posted all that much and when she did post, it felt defensive and not really like cohesive trains of thought. I'd mentioned yesterday that wolf!pleasy and village!pleasy were extremely similar to me and I misread her when she was wolfing, which could make me read into her posts too harshly in this game. She posted a big reads post while I was writing this one, and while I appreciate that (and the color coding within it), I think the reasoning on some of her reads is questionable/unclear. Not willing to move her out of my wolf leans based on that.

April - April's push on Zenge seems weak to me, and yesterday, it was basically kicked off with the argument of "well, we haven't seen wolf!Zenge yet and it's bound to happen at some point." That she's still pushing it today in light of his posts last night/this morning feels kind of strange to me. I had April as neutral yesterday, but I'm feeling more wolfy vibes from her today.

mkg - mkg seems like she's playing differently than she did in Goats. In the goats game, she came out of the gate strong, to the point that a few people (including me) were a little suspicious of how much knowledge she already had about the game, the terminology she was using, etc., and thought she was being coached. I'm not really seeing that as much in this game. Her response to me last night when I asked for reads, and she said that she was busy defending herself from a misyeet, was odd given that this is a 36/12 game. Is it possible that she didn't think about that because Goats was 12/12? Maybe, but it was a strange thing to say. She did provide her reads eventually, but I'd like to see more from her today. I don't think the whole PM thing has much significance, and mkg isn't one of my stronger leans in this category at the moment.

Alissa - even with the weird vote switch thing aside, Alissa's play is just very odd this game. This post this morning seemed really strange to me:
Good morning everyone! Looks like people were posting through the night so I’m a bit behind. Just coming on to say I’m officially sick of the arguments that my vote switch was sketchy. My saying “just wait and see” was telling YOU guys to wait and see how quickly I switched. Ask yourselves why, as a wolf, would I do such an obviously sketchy thing? Why would I bring that much attention to myself? I’m deciding that anyone who furthers the argument that I am sketchy because of a dumb move made yesterday will go further down my wolf list
I could be reading this as too much WIFOM, but it feels kind of desperate to me to do something sketchy, get called out on it, and then try to turn it around with this idea of "oh no, I was testing YOU." I do think it would be an attention-grabbing move for a wolf to make to do that initial vote switch, and that would be a strange strategy, but this post just felt so over-the-top in-your-face to me. Alissa did post reads and explanations last night after some prodding, but she was initially pretty resistant to doing so and was giving kind of coy, avoidant answers when she was asked for them. It's more than she did in the Goats game, and she was village there, but it's just a weird feeling to me. Could she be a frustrated villager - yes, she could, but I don't really get the frustrated/angry feeling from her posts that I've seen from villagers feeling like they're being pressed really hard (like April or sunny in Goats).

I'm leaving my vote on Vissy for now because she hasn't posted any content at all, and as I mentioned earlier this morning, wolf!Vissy was pretty quiet (and then posted big posts that read like genuine wolfhunting).

I don't feel like I have a solid read one way or the other on Cyndia, katashark, or chaos - I'd like to see more from them today.

No read at all yet on Sporty, Lainey, or pawprints.

I’m really not feeling great about Cyndia making one fluff post. One post voting to yeet MKG for opening a PM with her, and that’s it. Especially continuing to sit on that vote after it was made clear this is only MKGs 2nd game and first with a mechanic like this.

I hope to see more from her today because right now it feels like she’s kind of flying under the radar with this.

I was multitasking while catching up last night so I didn’t have a lot to say. I’ll do a better read through tonight and post my thoughts then.

Reads pls?

Haven’t read the last ~9 pages of stuff (yikes) bc I was only responding to tags. Headed off lunch in a moment so I’ll post my reads once I’m home from work and caught up.

I fell asleep at my laptop last night reading page 7 and I didn't wake up today until a fake tornado alert went off.

I am not caught up, but I want to remove my april salt vote.

Unyeet April

@Dinashadow @Barkley13 when you're caught up, reads pls
Wolf leans: please, zenge
Starting to lean wolfy: pawprints, april
Neutral, cray, trilt, mayo, sporty, genny, MsP, visc, alley, lainey, sunshine, cyndia, mkg, kata, chaos, LIS
Slightly village: dina, alissa (but super disagree with her AM and MsP leans), shorty, lupin
Village leans: AM, lawpy

• Hmm
At the risk of an arguement that will be annoying for everyone, why?

I would be more concerned with a well defined position for everyone in the game.

We are less than half way through D1. It's easy for wolves to have solid reads at this point, they already know. I would expect a villager to be mostly neutral on most players. Half the game hasn't even voted yet.
Are you seriously arguing against people giving their reads in a more definitive way? I guess I follow the logic you're stating, but I hate it. Giving at least a bit of commitment one way or another (especially with votes!) is kind of the name of the game, and we absolutely should not reward hedging by calling it villa leaning.

Im a bit more amenable to the idea that Lupin just has a unique playstyle that we ordinary mortals cannot comprehend , But lets see how that goes.

Other than that , a slight sl on Letmeinpls
i don't like the first bit i quoted- i thought chaos was an old player and then cray pointed out that they're new to SDN so this struck me as a very strange thing to say???

what does sl mean

I really don't like this. Dina was a literally first minute (ok first five minute) vote in the initial group so there was really no wolfy pings justifying it. Super unyeeted, then spent several posts going through reads and even asking for other people's reads:

but never actually made another vote. Still hasn't. While I feel like her other justifications were reasonable, this very much feels like it could have been an initial wolf on wolf vote that was backed off of.

With that said, I just checked there were no other votes on Dina at the time, so no real pressure to drop off - just a move that made my eyebrows scrunch.
going through, i think i was mainly confusing kata and trilt. I'm finding myself liking what trilt is saying, not that I agree necessarily, but that they have points that seem genuinely thought out
I dunno, maybe because you aren't a great wolf player and you weren't sure how to get your 10 posts in and tried to pass things off as lighthearted semi-joke, "sure why not?" type of posts?
i thought this was an interesting perspective. a couple of alissa's posts talking about her votes can be interpreted as trying to like
give context that didn't exist in the first place if that makes sense
feeling a little worse about alissa, and but im still not sure how to read snow.

so a couple of reads have been updated to:
kata has been moved to no opinion. haven't seen enough
trilt has been moved to village lean. I like their logic flows even though i don't really agree with the reads
and alissa has 1 more wolf point but is still largely neutral

• Hmm
She's a co mod. lol

I am between mayo and zenge I think right now from reading. MKG I saw is pretty new, so I think nai on the panic over a vote or two. Trilt came in strong. Will lean village for now, but definitely good enough to blend with village, so will toss her and genny together in my to watch pile. haha

Vote mayo

to see how this feels for now.
I agree with most of what you said here but I'm wondering why mayo.

Wait so you have liked what Kata has said so far, but didn't she just say she was catching up, vote April on vibes and then dip? Shouldn't that bug you since you have April as a village lean?
may i direct you to
and then
so a couple of reads have been updated to:
kata has been moved to no opinion. haven't seen enough
trilt has been moved to village lean. I like their logic flows even though i don't really agree with the reads
and alissa has 1 more wolf point but is still largely neutral

All I did was open a PM for the sake of opening a PM, because after Genny opened one with me, I thought it was the norm. I didnt ask for reads, or secrets, or try and PR hunt or anything. just said hello to opened up a line of communication for the future, but now I know this wasnt the correct thing to do. I've left the PM and I wont contact you again

It wasn’t just the PM. It was that in conjunction with the wishy washy posts I quoted, and the fact you were sitting on an AM bandwagon at the time. And I figured genny had done so with you, which is why I asked her for her feels on you though she never responded to me.

Also just as an FYI - the main reason I don’t like early game pms is that it tends to lead to me being pocketed or feels like fishing. I do PM more later in the game when I have a better feel for who I trust.

• Hmm
It wasn’t clear to me that it was a joke vote.
Oh I see now I only put a smile face when I voted. But:

Awwww! Just like old times
Are you still reading pleasy the same? What’s your thoughts on pleasy’s reads here:
I think her read on me is completely retaliatory which is definitely interesting. The AM read is echoey (did lawpy already say that or was he talking about someone else?) and I'm not sure I understand the village lean on alley or chaos. Oh I also thought it was interesting when she said shorty can read you really well when in the past shorty herself has said she can't and said that you two are v/v or v/w or w/v and listed you both as village leans.

I'm not sure what part of "I don't like this whole post" made you think it was a pressure vote but it wasn't. And your response was "how can I help you" which didn't feel relevant to me considering it wasn't a pressure vote. But your retaliation is noted.
sorry i read it as a pressure vote. :shrug:
regardless, i didn't like the lack of follow up. you've been decently absent since, and that doesn't look fantastic. I'm more than willing to move off of you today but i think my own thoughts make sense

I agree with criticizing antivillage playstyles but i'm saying that antivillage doesn't guarantee a wolf. Is it annoying? Yes of course. Lots of games were lost because of antivillage play in endgame. The context of those posts were based on MSP being an antivillage villager and i was being wary of a possible misyeet by following the line of reasoning that was used.
Literally made one post last time. Got misyeeted. Do you have thoughts on mayo's vote for Lou?
People like that should be mod killed so players don't find themselves working with zero information. I like lynching those people because even if they're village, they're no fun - so I don't necessarily disagree with Mayo's vote there in principle.

I don't like that she gave zero justification for that quiet player vs. all the others who hadn't posted at that point, I don't like the arguing against people giving people leans/reads (see above), and she has a lot of posts that are just general commentary on what's going that can very much feel like trying to contribute without actually contributing. Wolf lean from content.

• Hmm
Oh I also thought it was interesting when she said shorty can read you really well when in the past shorty herself has said she can't and said that you two are v/v or v/w or w/v and listed you both as village leans.
I read Zenge wrong in emojis, but I've gotten better - I was correct on his read in both basics and goats.

I did think it was interesting that in pleasy's reads post, she talked about my reading him well, mentioned that I'd been a little sus of something he'd said, and then put me as a neutral read - but said she was trusting my judgment on him and put him as a slight village lean. I didn't fully follow her train of thought behind that.

• Hmm
he's wordy, sometimes excessively so (which I called him out on in this game early), and he tends to pressure vote people in a way that seems tunnelly at times.
im a little confused here. if you know he's wordy all the time, even when village, why call him out on it earlier in the game?

Wait where am i
Lawpy I would place you right above april as of right now. I am starting on page 12. Slight village lean but much closer to neutral. I think this may change once I see a reads list from you and your reasoning

im a little confused here. if you know he's wordy all the time, even when village, why call him out on it earlier in the game?
It was something I made a note of. He does tend to be wordy, and sometimes he uses flowery prose, but it still pinged me a little at the time. I haven't seen anything since then that gave me wolf vibes.

• Hmm
@Dinashadow @Barkley13 when you're caught up, reads pls

I don't usually post long reads list, but I have to go study cardio so I figured I'd post all of my initial thoughts before I go

Also

unyeet please
yeet alley

AM - neutral to slight village lean. I think she's playing aggressive village AM and the sus being thrown on her has been both echoey and inconsistent

Zenge - His play seems different this game. His focus on quiet players is not what I expect from village!zenge and is a good way to act like you're participating as a wolf. However, I've been agreeing with a lot of what he's been saying and he's driving a lot of discussion, so I'm neutral right now.

April - I have a slight village lean on her, but that's mostly based on the tone of her posts.

Prints - playing exactly like she did in emojis. Not exactly wolfy but it is anti-village.

Trilt - coming out strong and I'm following along with what she's saying, so village lean.

Mayo - I don't really have much of a read. Nothing he's said has struck me as particularly wolfy, except for maybe his Lainey vote.

Cray - Posting like village cray

schools - already talked about her in previous posts. Feel a little better about her today. Probably still going to keep her in my neutral-wolf leans for now
alissa - Neutral right now. I have a hard time believing she'd put a vote down on LIS as a wolf and draw attention to herself if she was a wolf, but some of her posts have pinged me.

shorty - Not sure yet. She hasn't immediately struck me as strong village shorty but she's been driving discussion and it's only D1. I thought it was weird she found me misremembering a previous game as wolfy and she never really explained it when I asked her about it

Lawpy - Seems village so far. Agreeing with his posts and like his involvement.

Barky - She was sounding slightly village to me yesterday, but she fooled me in basics. I don't think she's sounded as strong as I remember from last game, but I was also wolfing and knew she was village, so I'm not sure how much that has to do with it. I'll flesh out my read on her more based on what she says today

genny - I can't really read genny, but I don't think her not giving reads is necessarily wolfy. I find she likes to throw down WIFOM as a wolf and so I would actually expect her to provide reads if that were the case.

mkg - Neutral. She was very defensive about yeet votes and pressure on her yesterday, but it was pretty similar to how she was last game

Cyndia - I agree with zenge that her putting a vote on mkg based on her opening a PM was weird especially because she didn't come back to it after people pointed out that mkg is a newer player, but I just see that she just addressed that.

sunny - seems like typical D1 sunny. Need to hear more from her before I decide

MsP - I'm happy she came on to participate yesterday and agreed with what she posted, but it was minimal and she hasn't come back yet. This isn't super strange for her, but it means I can't move her into my village leans

alley - slight wolf lean based on things I pointed out above

kata - hasn't posted a lot. She's really good at playing a wolf under the radar

Chaos - haven't really formed a solid read yet, but I've liked what they've posted so far

LIS - seems village so far, liked the posts he made this morning

Lupin - neutral, didn't see what everyone else was was seeing as wolfy at the beginning of the game. I think it's a valid strategy to use post timing as a way to find wolves even if I don't agree with the analysis

Everyone else has not posted enough for me to form a read

• Sad
Alissa - even with the weird vote switch thing aside, Alissa's play is just very odd this game. This post this morning seemed really strange to me:
I could be reading this as too much WIFOM, but it feels kind of desperate to me to do something sketchy, get called out on it, and then try to turn it around with this idea of "oh no, I was testing YOU." I do think it would be an attention-grabbing move for a wolf to make to do that initial vote switch, and that would be a strange strategy, but this post just felt so over-the-top in-your-face to me. Alissa did post reads and explanations last night after some prodding, but she was initially pretty resistant to doing so and was giving kind of coy, avoidant answers when she was asked for them. It's more than she did in the Goats game, and she was village there, but it's just a weird feeling to me. Could she be a frustrated villager - yes, she could, but I don't really get the frustrated/angry feeling from her posts that I've seen from villagers feeling like they're being pressed really hard (like April or sunny in Goats).
this put something into words that i was having a hard time with. the post also pinged me as weird, and i think i mentioned it earlier in the poor wording "giving context, retroactively, to something that did not have context" and reading it like this is making me feel worse about alissa

Okay well I don’t care that you don’t like it because I stand by it. Hunting wolves>>>yeeting play styles you don’t like.

which speaking of not liking play styles, I haven’t been hedging. It’s day 1 and I have no inside info. So go find a wolf instead of just deciding you don’t like my play style.
Oh I do not like this response at all.

I pulled specific posts of yours that I read as hedge-y from iso. Are you genuinely trying to say this **** isn't hedging?
I put please village the time before last game because she sounded like herself, but she was a wolf. I have no read on her yet here but i think it's misguided to clear her based on tone because she was almost exactly the same.
tbh April I agree with your point in theory but I didn't notice it happening.... However, there was some rambling about a few different topics that my eyes just glazed over
yeah i don't like it and I'm getting de ja vu ...... but also I understand being misconstrued
tbh tho Lawpy, AM is a very polarizing player. She has her cronies, Genny and WZ, and then a large majority of everyone else butts heads with her.

"It's just my play style!121!" is an absolute trash argument. And I absolutely will lynch people who I think are not a) contributing to village wins and b) who are not fun. The last game I played I literally lynched myself at the last minute to give the win to another faction because I thought she earned it, and the only reason I was winning was game mechanics. So if you play with me, know that "engaged, willing to commit and duke it out" are positive things to me and I will vote to kill fluff, ha.

• Dislike