A little help from fellow SDNers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thumper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me out a bit. I started the second part of my physiology class today (Transport systems) and my teacher explained that if anyone could come up with web-sites from other schools or medical journals, etc. about topics related to our curriculum, he would give us extra-credit points. I know that all of you have some research or volunteer experience, or that you might know of someone who published something or a course website that has some pretty informative stuff, so if anyone can help me, I would REALLY appreciate it. Just to make things clear, subjects along the lines of Epithelial tissue and diffusion, Physiology of gastro-intestinal system, Transport and digestion, and fluid homeostasis are some of the key subjects. Also, things with cartoons or things specific to the web will gain extra brownie points. Thanks to all who reply; you are helping out someone who desperately wants to get a good grade and raise her GPA for Med School. ;) ;)

Members don't see this ad.

maybe medicalmnemonics.com would have some stuff...i know it has a good bit of anatomy, but ive never looked for physiology stuff

You could try a search in Cyber Rounds here at SDN for some good publishings. Also search webmd.com, and if all else fails try ask.com (GREAT SITE!) and type in your q there. You never know it might work
Good Luck!
Steve

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is the MCBI listing of journals. Should be the best in the world. Just type in the subjects you are looking for and it will pull up relevant articles.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/

I say do your own homework. In fact, it's not even homework, it's for EXTRA CREDIT! I'm all for asking for (and giving) advice, but requesting that people do your schoolwork so you can get extra credit?! Come on now.... --Trek

TREK, first of all, I'm not asking people to do my homework for me. I was wondering if someone could give me the name of a researcher or something to that effect, so that I may look into it and do my OWN work. What is your problem anyway? If you have nothing productive to say, then don't bother posting here again! It's not like I asked you personally! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, I almost forgot. Thanx to all who wrote in and gave some information. Your time and consideration is greatly appreciated! :) :p

Actually, you WERE asking people to do your work- you went so far as to let people know what topics you wanted the websites to issue and asked that they try to include diagrams/cartoons when they search for these websites for you. Come on, if that isn't asking others to do your work, i don't know what is. I will continue to post and say (mostly) what I want- people that have read my 170 something posts know i'm fair, not overly judgemental and most of all- call it as I see it. And by the way, by asking for "fellow SDNers" to help, you DID ask me personally. Have a nice day. My posting on this thread ends here. --Trek

:( Sniff. Stop fighting guys. I can't take this.

:D :D :D

Originally posted by Trek_OCLV:
•I say do your own homework. In fact, it's not even homework, it's for EXTRA CREDIT! I'm all for asking for (and giving) advice, but requesting that people do your schoolwork so you can get extra credit?! Come on now.... --Trek•

That time of the month... heh????
:(