a little help on where to apply in canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yamini

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi im new here and just appeared for the may exam i got 79% and am giving my sept exam again i scored 7.5 in ielts in india and 267 on my toefl computerized with essay 5.0 i dont know whether i should apply anywhere with these marks i was thinking toronto but i have a friend who says only 90 scores should apply if anybody could help that would be so nice thanks in advance
yamini

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Yamini

I would put it this way ur friend is wrong about Canada. 90% doesnot guarantee u a seat nor does 70%.

Go ahead and apply and take ur chances. If u improve ur scores u can send the new scores at that time. I know about people who have got in with 78% 80%. So ur not far behind. U never know what they might like in ur application and might call u for the exam and things might just work out for u.

I also know someone with a score of 89% and 91% who did not get accepted in 3 different universities. So now it is up to u.

yamini said:
hi im new here and just appeared for the may exam i got 79% and am giving my sept exam again i scored 7.5 in ielts in india and 267 on my toefl computerized with essay 5.0 i dont know whether i should apply anywhere with these marks i was thinking toronto but i have a friend who says only 90 scores should apply if anybody could help that would be so nice thanks in advance
yamini
hi yamani,
i got 80% in the may EE exam.I too have heard that 80% is a bit less...so have to try again in Sep 05.Have u applied for any University.I have applied for UFT...lets see.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi yes i too have applied to toronto i am only going to apply there as my family is here however i dont know if 79 will get me a call anywhere what english exam did you give and how much did you score i dont know what they consider but im scared i wont get a call i too am giving the exam in sept but with practical prep both preerations are being harmed

Hi yamini
ur score is good i am also preparing for the ee exam.where do u put up and could u please guided me for the preperation .i am out of canada but will be there shortly i will be residing in brampton.
plz guide me and all the very best
sonibun
yamini said:
yamini