Dec 1, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I recently took the DAT and got 18 AA. I have a GPA of 3.4, leadership positions, work experience and research experience. Majored in biology. Science GPA is around 3.0. I know it is really late in the cycle, but when I asked around some people said that I still have a chance to be accepted for the class of 2020. Any advice on what I should do? How will this affect me, if I apply and don't get it. Will applying next year with the same stats at the beginning of cycle give me better chance? Thanks in advance!

GoldenDomer11

2+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I would apply next cycle, tbh, if you want to save yourself money. Unless you had like insane stats it would be pretty tough to find a way in most schools this late in the cycle imo, because the candidate pools are so big by now.

If you apply next cycle, apply EARLY (1st batch = optimum)

Reactions: 1 users

jsptr986

5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2015
don't waste your time this cycle. apply in june for next cycle. i would retake the DAT and aim for scores in the 20's

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.