A little worried..NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElinaH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all...
I've been reading on the forum that NYU has been sending out invites for an interview. I had a little mix up with my cheque for the application fee, and figured this out recently (after realizing that I never recieved a confirmation from NYU of recieving my fee) and now Im waiting for them to process the cheque and review my file.
Am I too late in the application process to put myself in a good position to recieve an invite now that they probably wont process my application till sept?
My GPA/DAT is just avg (hoping to improve if I dont get in this year) so NYU is kind of my target school.
Any info/advice would help! Thankyou!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all...
I've been reading on the forum that NYU has been sending out invites for an interview. I had a little mix up with my cheque for the application fee, and figured this out recently (after realizing that I never recieved a confirmation from NYU of recieving my fee) and now Im waiting for them to process the cheque and review my file.
Am I too late in the application process to put myself in a good position to recieve an invite now that they probably wont process my application till sept?
My GPA/DAT is just avg (hoping to improve if I dont get in this year) so NYU is kind of my target school.
Any info/advice would help! Thankyou!

You should be fine, NYU only recently begin to hand out interviews. You won't be early, but not late either. However as a Canadian you might need above avg stats to get in.

You're definitely early enough. I was an application complete in late September and was accepted on December 1st. Don't freak out, there's plenty of time. Good luck:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
However as a Canadian you might need above avg stats to get in.

always a topic of debate... i really wonder where people get information supporting this, and the other side of the argument?

elinah, what do you mean by "average"?

GPA 3.3? DAT 17-18?

Thanks all for the replies..makes me less worried!
my gpa is around 3.3 and dat academic avg is 20. very average.

Also, I was wondering what the deal with american school's accepting the canadian dat. I will be writing that in november, hoping to improve on my american dat score...will they look at the canadian one as well? I hope they do consider it.
Im in my gap year..so Im school frown upon students that are "upgrading"/"boosting their gpa's" with courses. Or if it honestly not that big of a deal..
So many rumors among pre-dents get us all paranoid lol:oops:

Also, I was wondering what the deal with american school's accepting the canadian dat. I will be writing that in november, hoping to improve on my american dat score...will they look at the canadian one as well? I hope they do consider it.

different schools have different policies regarding the DAT. Some will accept the cDAT, but if you have both cDAT and aDAT, I would assume they look at either a) most recent or b) aDAT only. If choice A, they will probably take both into consideration, however. Call up the schools u want to apply to and ask :thumbup: