smarterchild

15+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
how many of you guys havent gotten any love from allopathic schools yet other than rejections? im in that boat, with only rejections, but no interviews yet. still got some schools left, but im starting to worry.

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
On SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
how many of you guys havent gotten any love from allopathic schools yet other than rejections? im in that boat, with only rejections, but no interviews yet. still got some schools left, but im starting to worry.

Yeh, its starting to get to be about that time. The season is not over yet, but its probably a good idea to start thinking about/prepping for the next cycle just in case. Are the remaining schools top tier, safety, or somewhere in the middle? It may be a good idea to contact them, such as by sending a letter of interest and update to draw attention to yourself. You never know, it just may tip the balance in your favor for a last minute interview.

NervousNed

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Yeh, its starting to get to be about that time. The season is not over yet, but its probably a good idea to start thinking about/prepping for the next cycle just in case. Are the remaining schools top tier, safety, or somewhere in the middle? It may be a good idea to contact them, such as by sending a letter of interest and update to draw attention to yourself. You never know, it just may tip the balance in your favor for a last minute interview.

hang in there if you dont make it this year, you got next year to make it, but keep your chin up...

About the Ads

StringerBell

It's the final countdown!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
im in that boat, with only rejections, but no interviews yet. still got some schools left, but im starting to worry.

Don't mean to scare you, but it is indeed worry-time. I went through two application cycles with no interviews at all, when I was younger. After some positive changes, I have thusfar received just one interview, after which I was put on the waitlist. I'm not expecting any more interview invitations, though I'm hoping that of the 12 remaining schools for which I have submitted secondaries, that I will get 1 interview out of the bunch. 2 would make me ecstatic.

As a backup plan, I also applied to osteopathic schools, and I have 2 upcoming interviews. You might be a better candidate than I am and you may still get an interview this year, but if it turns out that you have to start applying for the next cycle, try to apply early, apply broadly, and apply to osteopathic schools as a contingency plan. Good luck!

vanhouten333

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
For allopathic, I have one scheduled interview tomorrow...weather permitting. No love from 22 others. I've got rejections, pre-interview holds (aka slower, more painful rejections), or no word at all from all the rest

I also applied to DO schools, and have an acceptance as my back-up.

Nothing is over until you actually hear from all your schools.

smarterchild

15+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
im right with ya vanhouten. i also got a DO school as a backup and i dont want to sound ungrateful, because i really am for the acceptance...its just that I wanted to be an MD. oh well. thanks for the input guys.

HumbleMD

hmmmm...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
East Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Definitely "worry time" as others have said. Many schools have stopped sending out interview invites (some have even already finished interviewing altogether). There are definitely some schools sending them out so it's no reason to lose hope, but it is indeed time to start considering your plan B (DO is a great plan B). I do want to echo that it's not over until you have the rejections in hand, but it's very necessary to plan for the worst, but hope for the best.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.