A&M kingsville people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hookemhorns

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all,
I know some of you are going through the interviews right now and I want to know how it's going :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just got back from my interview and boy! was I impressed? The interview was so laid back and the people were so nice. They made us feel welcomed. Their new building was amazing. Though Kingsville is a small town, I really like the school. I predict they will have one of the best and most up- to-date program in Texas in the nearest future.
I cann't wait for the acceptance letter to arrive.

YAY, congrats! That's great to hear. I just can't wait to meet my future classmates

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Taken 2. I think a lot of people have made the mistake of under-estimating this pharmacy school. It was probably like this when Texas Tech opened up 10 years ago and now they are a premier pharmacy school.

That area of Texas has been hungry for this school for a long time and I doubt that they're going to let anything stand in front of their becoming the equal of any pharmacy program in Texas and the nation.

It would be an honor to be among those in the charter class. I dare say we will look back ten years hence and see that we were an integral part in helping to build an extremely high quality pharmacy program.

I had an interview on Tuesday and had a really good feeling about the school. I was disappointed that there wasn't time for a question-answer session. I haven't heard what tuition will be, when school starts, etc.

PharmDeb said:
I had an interview on Tuesday and had a really good feeling about the school. I was disappointed that there wasn't time for a question-answer session. I haven't heard what tuition will be, when school starts, etc.

I had an interview on wednesday and we had enough question-answer sessions. From the waiting room, we had a guy come in and spoke to us and also answered any question we had. I also asked the two guys that interviewed me a couple of questions and the guy that gave us a tour of the building spend a whole hour with us expaining stuffs and answering our questions. They were very professional and organized. there lecture hall is beautiful with all the latest gadgets they have in there. Every professor has a research lab attached to his or her office. I was impressed.
As for tuition, they said they are waiting on the state to decied as the school is state funded.

WOOO HOOO! I'm from the area...interview went awesome and I heard a rumor that acceptance letters will be mailed before Easter!!!

you are from the Kingsville area? hum, then do you have a suggestion on where to live if I want to live close to school in a 1 bedroom apt?

Doughnut12 said:
WOOO HOOO! I'm from the area...interview went awesome and I heard a rumor that acceptance letters will be mailed before Easter!!!

When I interviewed (on Monday, the 3rd), Dr. Robertson said that acceptance letters would go out in two weeks. This probably means that we'll hear by Good Friday but certainly no later than Monday, April 17th.

yeah, Kingsville doesn't have much in the way of apartments...I live in Corpus which is about 30-45 min away...what price range are you looking for? my mom was telling me that there are some new low income apartments that full-time students can get if they are independent...I'm going to look into it some more. Also, Hawk's Landing is a new apartment complex for military housing (NAS Kingsville) but I think they rent out to everyone now...the catch? no one bedrooms, but I'm going to check on 2 bedroom rates. There is also Bordeaux apts. (older but better than most) and Javelina Station which is new (no 1 bedrooms...you get matched up with a roommate). If you are use to spending $$$ on rent you can also look into renting a house for just a bit more than an apartment. And I definately think we'll hear something by Monday, they send everything DHL next afternoon...

wow, yeah I was trying to find something online to live in. I obviously will have to make my way down there soon (6 hrs)...but it's necessary, since I'm starting pharm school....woohoo! But yeah, i live in austin and spend 650/month on a tiny efficancy. Austin has the most outrageous, expensive living every (at least for texas schools)! I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper...but if it comes down to it, it doesn't matter as long as my place is nice.

haha, I use to live in Austin so I know how expensive it can be. Applecreek apartments is remodeling and apparently they're pretty nice now...don't know about prices yet...I'm debating whether or not I'm going to move back to Kingsville or stay in Corpus, but that also depends on me actually getting in (fingers crossed)...There are definately cheap places to live in Kingsville but you also get what you pay for. :D

PharmDeb said:

Hello Deb,

1) I may be matriculating with you at TTUHSC SOP this fall, I'm yet to decide 'cos I have 4 offers from diff. schools. Have you thought about accomodation yet?

2) Do you know anyone that is already in TT SOP? I need to make a decsion where I'm going but I'd like to get in put from real students. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Buddyluv, I sent you a PM.

Hey guys - fill out an interview feedback. There's only 2 right now for A&M. Even you Hookem! It'd be interesting to see if your interview was any different last year.

By the way, does anyone know when school will start?

Classes start August 14th I think I got that info from an article in Corpus Christi Caller Times, though, so take it or leave it.

one more thing for you all while you watch the mail. The whole "thick envelope" thing was not the case when I received my acceptance from Kingsville. It was a simple one sheet of paper and like a 3x5 card that I had to check yes or no and mail back. They might change things up, however, just thought I'd let you know. Soooo don't be worried if the envelope is thin :rolleyes:

hookemhorns said:
one more thing for you all while you watch the mail. The whole "thick envelope" thing was not the case when I received my acceptance from Kingsville. It was a simple one sheet of paper and like a 3x5 card that I had to check yes or no and mail back. They might change things up, however, just thought I'd let you know. Soooo don't be worried if the envelope is thin :rolleyes:

The wait is killing me.

well i don't think the wait will be too much longer bc they called me this morning to make sure my address has not changed, so I bet they send out acceptance letter as well as the information packets very soon. Anyhow good luck :luck:

Ahhh...No mail yet...I don't think I can take it much longer...