a matter of timing...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skylark

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my quarter grades came out and my BCP gpa is now a 3.25 and overall 3.45. Current DAT is 18TS/19AA/19PAT but im retaking it.

I believe i can raise my BCP gpa to about a 3.3 by end of spring quarter, but the school ends mid june and i wont be able to send a transcript out until early july. AADSAS takes another 2 wks to send it out to Dschools. I am retaking DAT mid June. So with this plan, schools will receive my stuff in late july/early August.

Question is...should i even WAIT for spring quarter grades, or just submit with my BCP gpa of 3.25? This will get my application out faster for sure.

Last time i waited for spring quarter grades and wasnt complete at most schools until early september.
This will be my second time applying so i have everything else all ready to go. So basically..slightly weaker gpa and submit a bit earlier, or slightly higher gpa and submit a bit later. holla at me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The difference between a 3.25 and a 3.3 won't do nearly as much for your application as DAT scores above 20. Focus on your DAT retake, and get those scores higher. Your schedule of app submission should be centered around how long you think you need to improve your DAT. You'll have the option to send an academic update later in the application process.

oh and can i REuse my LORs from this past cycle? im confused b/c AADSAS said

Q: Can AADSAS use letters I've already submitted in a previous application cycle?

A: No. It is AADSAS policy that new letters of evaluation must be submitted with each application cycle.

Does this mean that i need 3 new letters :eek: or does this mean i just need to submit them again cus they dont hold onto my old ones? hope its the latter.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can use the same LOR, but AADSAS trash what you had previous year so they want you to resend everything.

oh and can i REuse my LORs from this past cycle? im confused b/c AADSAS said

Q: Can AADSAS use letters I've already submitted in a previous application cycle?

A: No. It is AADSAS policy that new letters of evaluation must be submitted with each application cycle.

Does this mean that i need 3 new letters :eek: or does this mean i just need to submit them again cus they dont hold onto my old ones? hope its the latter.

I would also check with each school that you are applying to. At UW, they required 2 NEW letters of recommendation along with the previous letters...