A message to all fence sitters out there, School A or School B Hmmmm....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madscientist50

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My bad. Please forgive me for overreacting.

Members don't see this ad.

From all of us waitlisters,

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS and PICK A SCHOOL. If you are trying to pick school A or school B this late in the year and dont have either the guts or decision making skills to make such a decision, I think you need to ask yourself if you really want to go to medical school, then just flip a coin.

Sorry for the rant, just got a phone call saying I am next on the list, just need some people to decide where they are going.
Absolute crap. I understand your complaint and as is evident by my signature I have decided what school I'm attending next year. However, just because you havent gotten into school yet for whatever reason (be it low GPA, low MCAT, weak LORs, weak ECs, late application, etc.) gives you no right to chastise people that have worked their butts off to get multiple acceptances and now have to make one of the most important decisions of their lives.

i don't think it's about wanting to go to med schools that has some people picking between two schools. most likely because they want to choose the RIGHT one. this is just me, but since they worked hard to get all their applications in early, now they have the luxury of having a choice and that seems to be completely fair. not that i have no sympathy over waitlisters, because i definitely do. i sat on the waiting list from feb to august last year to no avail. it's hard to blame others when i knew it was my fault in applying later rather than earlier.

Members don't see this ad :)
From all of us waitlisters,

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS and PICK A SCHOOL. If you are trying to pick school A or school B this late in the year and dont have either the guts or decision making skills to make such a decision, I think you need to ask yourself if you really want to go to medical school, then just flip a coin.

Sorry for the rant, just got a phone call saying I am next on the list, just need some people to decide where they are going.

:thumbdown:

You, sir, are a jerk. Grow up!

It's a 200k+ dollar decision. The med school we choose now is going to serve as the basis of knowledge for the rest of our careers.

:thumbdown:

You, sir, are an dingus. Grow up!

It's a 200k+ dollar decision. The med school we choose now is going to serve as the basis of knowledge for the rest of our careers.
HAHAHAHA

OP, I understand your frustration. I didn't even think I'd get into medical school this year. Fortunately through some freak miracle, I did. So, yeah, it's tough waiting and being in limbo, not knowing what will happen.

However, remember that empathy is two-sided. How can you expect those who have more than one acceptance to understand your situation when you can't understand theirs? Simply put, it's not always as neat as either this or that school. I agree that folks should be timely, but as long as someone is seriously weighing out the factors, I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Now, if someone is clear that they want to go to X school and are still holding other acceptances, that's another story.

On the other hand, you are partially responsible for creating your own dilemma. While I empathize with your situation, I recommend accepting where you are right now; go do something to help yourself chillax a little. Eventually, people will have to choose and you'll likely get off the waitlist, if you are high enough on the list and the school in question has a pattern of taking people off the list. You just need to be patient.

Sorry again, rough day, my apologies to all of you who have obviously worked hard. You all have, congrats I wish I was in the position to choose.

(I am not trying to be sarcastic here.)

I was late, due to a school and AACOMAS losing a transcript 3 times, my apps got out in December and not in October as was planned. I have done what I can to make myself the best candidate I can as I am finishing my MS in Biochem this spring. I was just reacting to some built up frustration and have seen a lot of threads where people ask strangers for advice on this very important decision. Just kind of lost it today. Again sorry folks.

Sorry again, rough day, my apologies to all of you who have obviously worked hard. You all have, congrats I wish I was in the position to choose.

(I am not trying to be sarcastic here.)

I understand your frustration, but whether they chose now or later, if you were meant to be accepted you will be, whether it be now or june. Good luck:thumbup:

I think if you had phrased what you were saying differently you would have gotten a different response. I don't think that people shoudl hold positions after they've made a decision. As soon as my deposit is credited by PCOM I will release my CCOM acceptance. That is how it should be done...

I think if you had phrased what you were saying differently you would have gotten a different response. I don't think that people shoudl hold positions after they've made a decision. As soon as my deposit is credited by PCOM I will release my CCOM acceptance. That is how it should be done...

Thanks, thats more along the lines of what I was thinking, just my wife blew up at me for wanting to wait more, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I didnt think the statement through just wrote, needed to vent. People here know what this whole process is like, many in the world do not.

I was just reacting to some built up frustration and have seen a lot of threads where people ask strangers for advice on this very important decision.

Understood. But pls take your frustrations out in REAL life as opposed to virtual forums where words can be misunderstood. :eek:

Oh, and good luck! :luck:

Well I sort of agree with the OP. Even though I am one of the very fence sitters mentioned. Believe me, I never expected to be torn between more than one place - last year I thought people were crazy to not know where they wanted to go. Actually, this year I still do. :laugh: Yet here I seem to sit, waiting for a lightning bolt to strike me with the clear choice. Personally, I would be THRILLED to make up my mind, once and for all. So don't think everyone is enjoying being unsure and taking it out on you, personally!