A military nurses thoughts on the practice of medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NVdisG

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You heard it straight from the horse's mouth:

Members don't see this ad.

Soldiers deserve the best care, which is a physician doing medicine and not a nurse pretending to do medicine

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure what we're offended about here. Do you think that nursing hasn't expanded its scope in the last generation? Do you disagree that the military had a role in that? Do you feel like your nurses (RNs, not NPs) are practicing in a way you feel is unsafe?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's one thing to read, as a potential HPSPer, about nurses commanders in the healthcare setting.. but to hear him happily talk about how they work to nab scope of practice for themselves really opened my eyes

I'm not sure what we're offended about here. Do you think that nursing hasn't expanded its scope in the last generation? Do you disagree that the military had a role in that? Do you feel like your nurses (RNs, not NPs) are practicing in a way you feel is unsafe?
Advance practice, yes, with a lot of guidance and education. Regular 'staff' nursing, no - unless you mean their exhaustive and complete nursing diagnoses?

You heard it straight from the horse's mouth:

Spent four years as a nursing officer in the Air Force nurse corps. Still struggled along with my younger classmates during medical school. So does that mean I suck???