A pharmacist graduat in Germany wanting to migrate to the U.S.A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keepup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who studied in Germany and is working now in the US as a pharmacist.

Please i need your help. For the evaluation of my documents, do i need to translet all my Bescheinigungen(Scheins). Is it a most, that all the documents should be transleted by an American translator.

Thanks for responding

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated from the pharmacy school in Poland and I am taking my Naplex soon.I had to get transcript with all my grades and classes from my school translated into English plus the proof you did some hours as a pharmacist in Germany(if it is required there to get a licence)
You submit all the papers and application to FPGEc and wait until they accept you to take a seat on the FPGEE(Foreign PharmacyGraduate Equivalency Exam).It is only twice a year in July and December in New York,Chicago and California. Then you have to pass TOEFL with the certain score required by FPGEC and submit the score to them.They will give you the certificate that allows you to start your graduate pharmacy intern. You can do it wherever you want.Walgreens,CVS,Publix,FarmFresh,Rite Aid...etc.
It is usually 1500 to 2000 hours depends on the state. I am almost done with mine and now I have to take my NAplex and the low exam and you are done.
Good luck.If you have any questions, do not hasitate.

Is there anyone who studied in Germany and is working now in the US as a pharmacist.

Please i need your help. For the evaluation of my documents, do i need to translet all my Bescheinigungen(Scheins). Is it a most, that all the documents should be transleted by an American translator.

Thanks for responding

My friend is a Pharmacist in Germany, and currently here in America going through the process. All documents not in english must be translated. It doesn't matter who translate the documents, but it must be word for word and in the same fomat as the document. I can give you all information (first hand) needed for the process. Zwei

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am a pharmacy student in the 5 year program in Italy. I would like to get licensed to be a pharmacist in California after fulfilling all of the FPGEC requirements. It seems as though you are almost (probably done by now ;) so congrats! My question is was it hard for you to find a place to do your 1500 or so hours of internship, and is it difficult to find a job due to the fact you are a foreign graduate? I am a US citizen so the company would not have to sponsor a visa for me, I just wanted to know what your experience was after going through all the hassle to become licensed. Thank you!!!:)

I think it is offered online now but only in the USA in at certain times of the year. Check the website www.nabp.net for all information.

Good Luck