a piece of advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuremsfdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
since i've seen so many of these "i made a spelling mistake, am i screwed?" threads, i thought i'd offer this piece of advice:

once you submit your app, do not read it again until you have to for interviews or to fill out secondaries.

of course, check your grades and the amcas verifications, but otherwise, there is no point in closely reading every sentence if there is nothing you can do to change it. the only thing post-submission proofreading will do is make you feel bad.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

Essentially anxiety plays such a big role.... sometimes what you don't know makes things more comfortable.

good luck to all !
lf

Members don't see this ad :)
how is that advice?? it still doesnt help the fact that you have spelling mistakes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Columbia22 said:
how is that advice?? it still doesnt help the fact that you have spelling mistakes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

but you had no mistakes before you checked, now you have one. seems pretty logical to me, mistakes magically appear ever time you check. don't do it. why risk it? i never make spelling mistakqs so i don't ahve to worry anyyaw.

but wait, people on adcoms actually "read" those things. damn, im in trouble. they never said it wasn't optional. but seriously, i comfort myself by knowing my gpa and mcat score made them laugh way more than all the mistakes in my PS did. i do my best to try to please.

Columbia22 said:
I think that's great advice!

It's like on an exam. Sometimes it's not how you did, but whether you're happy with your answers when you leave the room, never to look at the material again. :)

I haven't read over any of my AMCAS responses, because I know there's nothing I can do now that I've submitted it.

It gives me peace of mind. No point in worrying about something you can't fix (except for my contact info)