A Plea to Penn State acceptees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HOSS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am asking a big favor from one pre-med to another. If any of you are accepted to Penn State and know that you do not want to go there, could you please let them know? I have been waitlisted and have not been accepted to any other schools, and Penn State is my top choice. Thank you much.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude- I think this is a sign you are getting in- I just withdrew my acceptance today :)
Good Luck !

I withdrew my acceptance last week. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys. I was wondering why all you guys withdrew your applications? Did you not like the school? Or did you get into one that you find a better match? I do not know that much about this school, but I have an interview there in March and was excited to be going there. Anyway, any advice will be appreciated. Congrats on getting into med school...
dukee

Even worse, I'm on hold for that school. Bad, bad day.

THanks to all

how about make this a general plea to everyone who's holding spots at schools they won't go to...?

Dukee:

I withdrew from Penn State b/c I was accepted to my first choice school. I liked Penn State, especially the location, facilities, and humanities department. What I didn't like was the relatively traditional curriculum and the course schedule. Like most schools, the students there have to take multiple classes at a time and spend very long hours at school in lecture and lab (basically 8-5, right?). My first and second choice schools teach one class at a time and class typically only lasts from 8-12. I thought that was pretty important b/c I'd like to have as much free time as possible in med school. Penn State is a great school though, just not for me. Good luck with your application.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by dukee:
•Hi guys. I was wondering why all you guys withdrew your applications? Did you not like the school? Or did you get into one that you find a better match? I do not know that much about this school, but I have an interview there in March and was excited to be going there. Anyway, any advice will be appreciated. Congrats on getting into med school...
dukee•••••I withdrew my application in early November after I had been accepted to two other schools I would attend over Penn State. I knew I didn't want to be in Hershey with little social life and wanted more of an urban atmosphere. I'm a PA resident, but after seeing the little difference in tuition b/w Penn State a private school, I lost interest. Anyway, good luck!