a quandary.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praspudi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
if your afraid of needles can you be a doctor? i'm not but my friend can't handle needles even if he's not looking at them. the idea of them bothers him.

Members don't see this ad.

A few people have a hard time seeing cadavers during interviews, yet they still become doctors...you get over it

Members don't see this ad :)
A few people have a hard time seeing cadavers during interviews, yet they still become doctors...you get over it

Which school has cadaver interviewers? Is the application deadline past?

Practice makes perfect!

Which school has cadaver interviewers? Is the application deadline past?

Some schools will walk you by on a tour, though others have privacy agreements in place that don't allow you to actually see any bodies.

...and very few of those have read your file.

Not all doctors have to use needles all that often, especially if you go into a very procedure-light field, but almost all doctors have to see them. Your friend will probably get over his fear of needles with time, but he might want to do it before med school. Or at least by the time he finishes.

but it is entirely possible that you will have to practice IVs and blood draws on each other...we did during first year

I am afraid of blood, and I feel dizzy and nauseous when I see blood :( but I think I will get over the fear, oh well, hopefully:p