1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

a question about dental school admission~

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ricely, Jul 9, 2001.

1. ricely

ricely Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I 'm going to be a junior this fall in state university. I'm pretty much done with the predental courses but my science gpa doesn't seem to be that high. Can I get accepted to schools i wanna go with that science gpa of about 3.25-3.3???
    thanks~ :rolleyes:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

This depends on what the schools you want to go to are. If the schools that you want to go to are like Harvard, etc. then your SGPA is probably too low. But you still have a good chance at many schools still, such as Tufts, NYU, Case, etc. etc.

4. groundhog

groundhog 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I followed this whole process last year. Goat Boy is on target. You will be competitive for most of the private schools and most likely at your state school too. Some state schools (such as U of Michigan) also accept a fair proportion of non residents into each class. One exception to the above is that your DAT scores can give you a big boost (especially if you score 21 and above for total academic along with a couple of mid to high twenties in the sciences. So, work on your references, get some significant exposure to clinical pracitce, and smoke the DAT. You'll be in good shape