A Question about Deposit Fees!

Futuredoc1364

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2006
  1. Resident [Any Field]
How do they work? Do we have to send one to each school we get into or are we supposed to wait until we decide on one school and send it to them? (which I think should be by May 15)

The reason I am asking is because I recently received my first acceptance:D and I was going to send them the acknowledgement of the acceptance. It is a very good school, but I am OOS and it is pretty expensive. I am still waiting to hear back two other schools which are both pretty much the same cost. I have an interview at my state school next week. Any thoughts regarding the deposit fee due dates? :confused:

Lorienne7

Austenophile
10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2006
in a House, Hall, Place, Park, Court, Cottage, or
  1. Pre-Medical
How do they work? Do we have to send one to each school we get into or are we supposed to wait until we decide on one school and send it to them? (which I think should be by May 15)

The reason I am asking is because I recently received my first acceptance:D and I was going to send them the acknowledgement of the acceptance. It is a very good school, but I am OOS and it is pretty expensive. I am still waiting to hear back two other schools which are both pretty much the same cost. I have an interview at my state school next week. Any thoughts regarding the deposit fee due dates? :confused:

The acceptance letter should outline the specifics of the deposit because the procedure varies from school to school. Generally, if the school requires a deposit, then it's due two weeks after your acceptance and is refundable if you withdraw before May 15.

Wanna_B_Scutty

MS1
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
  1. Medical Student
Different schools have different policies on deposits. In some cases, the deposit if fully refundable if you decide not to go. In other cases, you lose your deposit if you choose another school.

Take another look at the acceptance letter that asks for your deposit. The letter should tell you whether or not your deposit is refundable. Should the letter be silent on the issue, call the admissions office and ask them directly.

Congratulations! :)

About the Ads

NN11

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2006
  1. Medical Student
Deposits vary with schools. some schools ask for them, and for those that ask for a deposit you have to send in the deposit with your acceptance form.

For majority of MD schools if not all, these deposits are 100% refundable as long as you withdraw your application before May 15th.

Futuredoc1364

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2006
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thanks for the response! Yeah, by reading the letter more closely, it seems that the school (Penn State) requires a deposit no later than May 15. This is a very good idea I believe because you dont have to worry about getting a refund if you decide to go somewhere else.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.