A question about registering (Sept 18 date)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mantis Toboggin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off I was a bit confused with regards to the last day to register for an exam (the gold, silver, bronze dates). Anyways I wanted to register for this date today, so I logged in to check test sites and two (relatively close) ones were on my screen. Same place, but listed twice.

Anyways when I clicked "Find Seat" on the two options I guess there were no seats found so those two options just disappeared. If I try to research my state the options are no longer there. Will they eventually reappear (if/when) the test dates come up? Will it even be possible to register within the the next 4-5 days (how often should I keep rechecking for seats, if so)? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Try to check every hour if possible - Be very careful if you do find a seat promptly pay for the desired seat. You don't want to lose both seats :(

Try to check every hour if possible - Be very careful if you do find a seat promptly pay for the desired seat. You don't want to lose both seats :(

What do you mean by both seats? I'm not trying to reschedule-- I'm trying to schedule for the date for the first time

Oh woops I was confused by your post.
I guess the best thing to do is to check the website as often as possible - hopefully you will get your desired date.

Members don't see this ad :)
The September 18th date is the most popular date for quarter system students who are trying to avoid the new MCAT. It's not likely that you'll be able to get a test date, at least in a popular state. I had to literally register 5AM the day the gold zone opened to get my seat on that day.

Yes this happened to me. I rescheduled my exam and decided not to take a good seat near by to see if I can find anything better. For about 20 hours after (it was 10pm), I couldn't find any seats available all of a sudden when I checked at 9am. Thankfully that day, I checked every 1.5 hours and found the perfect location around 630pm. However, I did try to check around 12am and 1am. Nothing changed... so I would check every hour OP and at least from what I saw, most seats if any became available around 5-10pm.