a question about SOPHAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhycortex

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it necessary for me to fill out research/work experiences and volunteer experiences?
Do I get judged against if I just attach a resume instead of filling out the sections?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't chance it....fill out the sections.

sorry just another question.

I know SOPHAS takes about 4 to 6 weeks to process before the schools get the materials.

So what is considered meeting the deadline? The minute I click on submit on SOPHAS? Or when the schools finally get the materials after 4 to 6 weeks?

I'm really confused, I asked SOPHAS and they didn't provide a clear answer.

Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it depends on the school. The 4-6 week thing is freaking me out since some schools have Dec. 1 deadlines, so I basically need to submit now. I don't see how that many people can already be ready to submit...

I think it depends on the school. The 4-6 week thing is freaking me out since some schools have Dec. 1 deadlines, so I basically need to submit now. I don't see how that many people can already be ready to submit...
I share that. I don't really know if I can make the UC deadlines.....my LORs aren't even done yet. :(

Same! I made the dumb mistake of telling my very busy recommenders that the deadline is Dec. 1. And I reallllly want a shot at Berkeley.

From what I understand, you need to submit the application 4-6 weeks before the deadline. But I could be wrong; SOPHAS is so confusing!

I actually told my recommenders to send in their letters next week, but they haven't yet. Would it be obnoxious to send them a reminder email?

Send them a reminder email. If they still don't do it, get new recommenders (as I had to do).

My transcripts are already in. If I write my personal statements and e-submit next week so SOPHAS can verify my app, do you think I'd make the deadline? As I understand, you can e-submit before LORs come in.

rule of thumb is that the sophas will only start processing your application when it is complete so its up to the candidate to calculate the 4-6 week gap between the deadline and completion of application.