A Question for all current NYCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jersey Girl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be attending NYCOM this august. I have a question about the exams given at NYCOM. It may be kind of stupid, but it has been bothering me for a while now. Are the exams at NYCOM set up like the MCAT? I realize they are most likely multiple choice, but are they weird like the MCAT? The reason I ask is because I am concerned that my performance on the MCAT will be representative of my performance on exams at NYCOM. I have always been an outstanding student in college with excellent grades, but my MCAT was orite. So, if you can give me some input on how the exams are set up at your school, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The answer to your question depends on what subject you talking about. Most tests, at least in first year, are combination of multiple choice and case study. Some of them have no case study at all. Even the ones that have case studies, they are only about 25-30% of total grade.

Just chill and have fun over the summer.

FIrst off, congrat on the acceptance. Secondly, if I were you I would forget about the MCATs ASAP. I have friends who did well on the MCATs and are just passing, and the reverse is also true. How you do on the exams is a function of how you study for the exam(for the most part). If you put in the work you will be fine. SO sit back, relax and enjoy your vacation, because once school starts, all hell will break loose. :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I AM A 1ST YR STUDENT...AND THE TEST QUESTIONS COME STRAIGHT FROM THE NOTES IN ALL THE CLASSES (EXCEPT FOR PATH...CURRENT 1ST YRS CAN RELATE WITH ME ON THAT)...IN FACT SOME TQ'S ARE EVEN GIVEN DURING THE LECTURE...NOTHING LIKE THE MCATS...AS STATED PREVIOUSLY, FORGET ABOUT THAT TEST.

Thank you so much for replying to my question. I feel so much better. Take care.