SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

a question for dentista

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by pakgirl, Mar 13, 2002.

1. pakgirl

pakgirl Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Dentista,

Do you know anyone else in this discussion group that will be in our class at UT-Houston this fall?

Also, when do we know about our financial aid..what we are eligible for? I turned in my FAFSA and instit. app several weeks ago.

Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dentista

Dentista Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 28, 2001
    Houston
    there were ~4 acceptances, so there are two others out there. i havent heard about anyone besides you that is going. to be completely honest i dont know anyone from our class. no one from my college has been accepted that i know of, but there were ~4 people that interviewed. i thought it would be nice to get to know our classmates before we started.

regarding fafsa, i sent mine about a month ago and i called to see when i should expect to hear something. they said that it would be a while, but if you sent the application early then you shouldnt worry.

do you know if we should be collecting teeth?

im really scared of the whole cadaver thing...i keep looking at the preserved one that we have in our lab room and cringing for the day that i actually have to cut it and handle it. other than that im ready to graduate college, i really dont care if i get c's (although im still focused in my science classes) and start dental school. someone told me that the first year was the most fun.

4. pakgirl

pakgirl Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Dentista,

Well I hope you do well this semester...I graduated back in May 98 so I have been out of school for a while.

It would be nice to know some people before school starts. My best friend was accepted at UT-Houston med school and they sent her a list of the 200 other 1st years! Maybe when they send us our packet of info for the fall it will include names/numbers of the other students.

I am excited and scared about starting in the fall. I can't wait to move back to my home state of Texas.

Just wondering where are you attending undergrad? I graduated from Sam Houston State in Huntsville.

Are you planning to live near the med center?
    Since I am married and have our first baby on the way (May 7th!!) we are looking to move to NW Houston. It will be about a 45 min drive in traffic but I think it will be so worth it!

Most people I talked incl. at the Houston interview say the first two years are the toughest! I guess it just depends on the person you ask.

Looking forward to meeting you during the orientation!