A question for Dr. Kermit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PunkRockDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi- I saw on an earlier post that you were accepted to Temple. Congratualations! What are your thoughts on the school? Who did you interview with? I had a similar 15 min interview, with acceptance arriving a month later.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm not dr. kermit, but i'd like to hear your opinion on temple. i almost didn't go to the interview, because of a sketchy impression of temple undergrad. HOWEVER, i really liked the school, it seemed like the students were happy and low-key and less disgruntled than some other schools. i also think clinical training would be awesome there. i worry a little about finding a place to live, not living near classmates and not having much student community. but i'd love to hear more impressions of temple!

Wow, I feel so special. Anyway, I interviewed at Temple on their first day of interviews. I spent 15 minutes with Dr. Howard Eisen. He seemed pretty chill only because every interview he conducted only took 10-15 minutes. We just chatted about my applications and he asked me a few random questions, but it was more so because he was just curious about my family.

I really liked the school. My best friend is a MS-1 there and I hear both the good and bad aspects of the school. First of all, she said that the grading system could be better. Many of the students want to get Honors and High pass despite what they say. Also, she said she spends too much time in class (20+/week). I know they are making plans for a newer library, but their facilities will pretty much stay as we saw them. She thinks her clinical training will be great though. And for the most part, students tend to go to Temple at times over Jefferson b/c the later's grading system is numerical and the clinical training isn't quite as good. That's really all I can tell you from my visit.

I'm now debating b/w Temple (for personal reasons which Aqua knows) and Einstein. I'm probably withdrawing from MCP, NYMed, and GW where I am holding acceptances. Temple was at the top of my list until my past acceptance and I'm not too concerned of the area as I went to Ugrad in Baltimore. I'm more concerned about the opportunities I may pass if I don't attend Einstein. Luckily I have until May to decide :) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Dr. Kermit!

I was pleasantly surprised (for the most part)when I went to interview there. The interview was shorter than I expected, and that left me with about an hour and half of time to kill. I just started walking around and asking random people questions about the school. Eventually I sat in on some classes. The tour was great. The students were very laid back and friendly. They also had fun with us - I don't think it was a coincidence that they took us through the gross anatomy lab right before lunch. After the interview and tour, Temple jumped to the top of my list. I have heard that their clinical program is stellar. My only concern is that they were not ranked on the US News list of schools, which surprised me.

So far, it is the ONLY school that I have heard a peep from. But at least I got accepted.

I think that it may not have been ranked on the US News list because it doesn't get a whole lot of NIH funding, which ultimately doesn't matter to most of us anyway