A question for students doing well in your classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

up40loves

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
edited

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Depends on what I feel like at the moment, but for me it usually went lecture note -> online/book -> mind map/flow chart-> lecture recording -> spaced out review of whatever I feel like reviewing. I got bored very easily If I followed a certain pattern of studying. I mixed it up.

Here is an insanely general platitude that you will hear over and over again in med. school. Do what works for you.

I am not the world's greatest student, but I would add the following, which has worked for me:

you should do what works for you in a given class: the way I study for pharmacology (written exams. regurgitation) is totally different from the way I studied for biochemistry (multiple guess, recognition).

Have a plan, especially the week before exams. Not the minute by minute type of plan that makes people think you're the next John Nash, just a general sketch of the time you want to put in by exams

don't get too focused on one class

space your studying, and front load when possible (it always seems easier to relax now and work later, but in my experience the opposite is way less stressful)

Sleep as much as possible, exercise as much as possible. Coffee doesn't count, no matter what the little monkey on your back is telling you.

Good luck, whatever you choose to do

Edit: used the wrong form of "here" in first line. Gross.