A question for those accepted already

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fenrez

AT Stills worst nightmare
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did your acceptance letter come certified mail? I've heard from a few people who have been accepted to D.O. schools that their letters were certified and I was wondering if that's the way it's usually done or has anyone received acceptances by regular mail.

Members don't see this ad.

My PCOM one was by regular mail. My allopathic acceptances were by regular mail as well,.

i think that the letters which arrive by certified mail do so because the school needs your response quickly. i was accepted to two schools earlier in the application and the acceptance letters arrived by regular mail. however, my west virginia acceptance came by certified mail and they needed a response within a week. hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
My NOVA acceptance came by ceritified mail, but the rest CCOM, NYCOM, KCOM ( also by phone ), DMU-COM, came by regular mail

my COMP acceptance came via certified mail. i think it's bcz they meed a response within two weeks and they want to know when you recieved it in order to give you exactly two weeks.

regular mail (AZCOM and UNECOM)

2 certified, 2 regular

My acceptance to OU-COM came certified in October.

My letter from OSU-COM came FedEx.

My news came hand-delivered with a basket of fruit. J/K!!
Actually, I was alternate listed at KCOM and heard via regular mail.
DMU-my first choice-also came via regular mail.

My stats:
3.51 cumulative
3.6 science

MCAT: too low to list, well not really, 24M. I am very thankful they saw the rest of me and not just that wretched score from one of the worst days of my life here on earth.

Congrats to everyone who is in!!