A question you've all heard before...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

none

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I know people have asked this, but I'm not sure how to search for it, so I'm asking. If I just very recently submitted my AMCAS and it has not been verified, what does it mean when a date appears next to a school I'm applying to? Do I still need to send that school a paper copy?

Members don't see this ad.

I know several people who work in admissions at various schools and they feel that you should only send a paper copy if requested to do so by that school so you dont create extra paperwork for them (you dont want to irritate them!) the dates you see are the dates that your one page summary was sent to the school.

Originally posted by none:
•Okay, I know people have asked this, but I'm not sure how to search for it, so I'm asking. If I just very recently submitted my AMCAS and it has not been verified, what does it mean when a date appears next to a school I'm applying to? Do I still need to send that school a paper copy?•

I would send the paper copy if the school is on Drako's list at http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm
Who knows how long it will take AMCAS to get around to sending those paper copies they've promised to send. :rolleyes:

And those dates probably mean only that VERY preliminary info has been sent to the school, like your name, address and e-mail. Basically they're just telling the school -- hey, this person is applying.

Originally posted by DrSuga:
•I know several people who work in admissions at various schools and they feel that you should only send a paper copy if requested to do so by that school so you dont create extra paperwork for them (you dont want to irritate them!) the dates you see are the dates that your one page summary was sent to the school.•

and which schools would that be? I sent mine to Rochester, and after I sent it....They said, we are NOW accepting paper copies :D

(originally they didnt....Drako's list seems to be very accurate...go from there ;)