Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

A question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by asdfman10101010, Jan 5, 2009.

1. asdfman10101010

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    The first college I went to I dropped out in the first few weeks because I didn't like it (my transcript from there is blank but shows I attended). Yeah, I know, bad idea but I was immature. Then I went to community college for one semester and then I did a semester at a real college this fall. I have a very good gpa so far. I'm worrying that schools will deny me if I report the first college I went to with the blank transcript, and that they'll probably ask me what I was doing then if I don't report it and then deny me for not reporting it. I'm wondering if any of you know anything about this. Thank you.

2. 236116

Is it W's or what? Does it just say "J Doe, Fall 1907, 0 credits"?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. funkymunkytoes

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Be honest, report it, and explain why you dropped out. Simple as that. Not everyone is ready for college at 18, but if your GPA is as good as you say it is, you clearly have the maturity now to pursue your goals.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dr Lyss

Dr Lyss Professional Student
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    if it shows up as Ws you definitely have to report it. If not, then I would call AMCAS. You might get away with not putting it in.

5. asdfman10101010

The transcript is just blank, no Ws, I dropped out really soon after I started.

6. 236116

So basically your registration was cancelled, so you never attended.

7. ChemEngMD

ChemEngMD No need to hide behind private profiles
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student

Ghost-Student....spooky