minah86

10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2005
Status
Do you guys buy the complete Examkrackers study guide, including all 5 sections, or do you just buy the "1001" questions books?

Do you buy the the other EK books, not labeled with "1001 questions", such as "ExamKrackers MCAT Biology" or "ExamKrackers MCAT Chemistry"?

I was just wondering because all I hear is buying the "1001 questions" books.

If you have any other recommendations, shoot em out...I just need to know what to and what not to buy.

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
TX
Status
Attending Physician
When they talk about the complete package, they mean all of the books that don't have 1001 or 101 in the title. ex. Organic Chem, Chem, Physics, Biology, Verbal.

I have those books and I find them really helpful. I don't own any of the 1001 books but I heard they're great for the practice. I've also read that if you really need an indepth review, TPR is better. I personally really like Examkrackers though.

toxin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2001
Norman, OK
Visit site
Status
They are excellent...I took the mcat first time w/o Ek and got a 24....retook it this august using EK (1001 series and subject reviews) and got a 30!

by the way im selling my books lol

smc927

El Flaquito
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2002
Wandering Around
Visit site
Status
I really liked EK. I had all the books and all the 1000 Questions books. Personally, I'd recommend going through all the books and doing the questions at the end of each section. Then do the 1000 Question books.

Good luck!

rocketman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
I primarily used EK review books (NOT the 1001 series). I also bought the 101 verbal book, which I highly recommend.

I bought the Kaplan comprehensive review but that is just way too long and too boring.

Gonzo12164

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Irvine
Visit site
Status
I'm gonna get bashed for saying this but I personally preferred the Princeton review books over the EK. The princeton books are much more thorough and explains each topic in a much easier way. I took the test in Aug. 2005 and studied completely on my own. I would only buy the 101 verbal and 1001 bio and get a set of Princeton books from someone. Oh yea, I got a 33 and that's including 7 in verbal.