A random question: has anyone cried (became emotional) during their interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mason91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
dont cry, in all situations, at dental school interviews. It will show that you can't control your emotions and become mature to stabilize patients under stressed environment.

solution: talk to yourself in the mirror at home about the struggle or anything sad you overcome and cry to yourself first. then don't cry at interview.

do not, i repeat, do not ever drop a tear or have a mental break down at interview.

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It happens. You're only human. That being said, it can very well kill your interview. Try and remain composed.

It happens. You're only human. That being said, it can very well kill your interview. Try and remain composed.
Is there a difference between flat out sobbing or crying versus having a tear or two and having the sniffles? Or should there be 0 liquid leaving someone's eyeballs on interview day no matter what

Reactions: 3 users
You could probably make a good impression if you limit yourself to a single tear rolling down your cheek during the climax of your story.

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn't go into the interview with the intention of crying, but some stories and explanations can catch you off guard and may elicit an emotional response. This is not a bad thing, especially if you have a good rapport with your interviewer. It's most important that you are able to convey your feelings and thoughts coherently before you feel that knot in your throat, otherwise the interviewer might not be able to empathize with you.

If you begin to get overwhelmed, you may always pause, take a deep breath and collect yourself before speaking again. That shows maturity and the interviewer should respect you for it.

Reactions: 1 user
You could probably make a good impression if you limit yourself to a single tear rolling down your cheek during the climax of your story.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Me, last year. Talking about traumatic experience and pregnant - stupid hormones. No tears but shaky voice and watery eyes. Hated myself for that.
Keep the water bottle handy to take a sip and calm down