A ray of hope for all Non-Trads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations-this is such an inspiring story. Your success inspires us all!
Good Luck in school and keep us posted.

Members don't see this ad.

Snake,
Very hearty congratulations to you :thumbup:. Thank you very much for sharing your story. Much needed inspiration for me indeed
Thank you and good luck to you in your med school

Inspiration indeed. I was unsure about applying to medical school because I would be graduating in my thirties! Your post really changed my perspective. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
I so needed to hear that.Some one from one of the Pennsylvania schools just told me that at 27 im a little up there in age and ive been out of school too long(6 years)!. I mean its not like i was sitting at home and eating bon bons and getting fat.Ive been working in a hospital all this time as a Respiratory therapist.So you story certainly lifted up my spirits. Thanks.

Snake and those of you that post encouragement on this site are one of the reasons I have chosen to continue MD degree. I am 47 and have masters in nursing...taking organic chem in Sept. and then MCAT's in spring...THANKS for being here!!!:love:

Dear friend,

I was very impressed by your success story. I am 44 and plan to take the MACT in spring of 2010. You will be a good role model for my future career change to medicine. Please keep in touch and wish you the best on your new journey.

Thank you for giving me one more reason to hope.

I am 47 and will be 49 in my M1.

I had my first child when I was 19 and have been happy as a mom all these years. I thought I had to give up my dream to become a physician. My secondborn is a fourth year and has been telling me stories of one of her classmates who is in her 50's! With Jennifer's encouragement, I started to school as a Biology major. I'm going into my Junior year and am doing very well in school. I may be able to do a reverse verision of that legacy thing (I believe it would be the first time in the school's history.)

50 *is* the new 30 and I'm glad to be alive in this time and place.

Snake is da bomb!

Thanks for posting your story! I am 38 and finishing my degree in psychology and looking toward the med school route. You put some wind in the sail that so far, except for my husband, I've been powering all by myself!

Very good story, surprised I've never seen this thread around here in the past. I can't really relate to a lot of it (I'm only 21), but very inspiring nonetheless!

Thank you for sharing your inspiring and encouraging experience. I am just in my low points on this road. This is what I just need now. Thank you very much.

I really appreciate this forum - everyone has such a positive attitude!

I have learned that age doesn't matter. Isn't all about the journey and not the destination?:)