A serious question, please answer if you can.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vienhuynh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a possibility of attending dental school half time instead of full time???
My parents not agree for me to go dental school and insist me working with my major right now which is CS. So if i want to attend dental school, I would need to work and study at same time, what you guys answer? Please tell me.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
sigh, i officially screwed then... thank for your answers guys. :\

sigh, i officially screwed then... thank for your answers guys. :\

Why are you screwed...? Just go to dental school instead of working in your field.

Is there a possibility of attending dental school half time instead of full time???
My parents not agree for me to go dental school and insist me working with my major right now which is CS. So if i want to attend dental school, I would need to work and study at same time, what you guys answer? Please tell me.

No. But I think you should do what makes you happy.......... Your name looks Viet to me...... and I have Viet parents too and know what they can be like... just do what makes you happy...

No. But I think you should do what makes you happy.......... Your name looks Viet to me...... and I have Viet parents too and know what they can be like... just do what makes you happy...

Yep, I guess you understand my position. The parents interfere with my plan because my decision of following dentistry interfere with their plan. That how it is. It tough... I probably will try shadowing a dentist and see how it goes before making my decision.

I am really appreciate all your answers. Thank you very much.
I think i would shadow a dentist this summer and see how it goes and make sure I am into it and have the drive and motivation to go through it. Then I will rethink my decision.
Good luck to you all and happy summer :D

Good luck with your decision but dental school is a full time job plus late nights studying!

ask you parents why they are saying no. Do they think you are incapable?... if so you have to prove it to them. have you received mediocre grades in cs? are your parents in the same field? Have you taken any science courses. they might think you dont know what you are w/ your life and you will be jumping around instead they want you to have a stable job.

First take couple science classes such as bio I , II, chem I, II, orgo I, II etc...

Most parents support their kids(no matter what nationality you are) You just have or prove yourself to them.

No one has control over your life. Only you can decide what you can do. either you do it or you dont. And after 10 years goes by you have no right to give yourself the excuse of ohh my parents didnt let me. Prove yourself... They cant do anything but support if you are MOTIVATED enough. You just have to show it to them.