A Shower Thread To Counteract the Forces of Poo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you shower in the AM or the PM?

I've done both, but lately I like taking a shower in the morning to wake myself up.

Problem is, I came to the disturbing realization that coming home after a day of surgery and hopping right into bed sans shower means the scum of the earth is between my sheets :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like showers. Always take one in the morning and it makes me ready to start the day. If I don't take a shower in the morning I feel filthy.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
I like showers. Always take one in the morning and it makes me ready to start the day. If I don't take a shower in the morning I feel filthy.
You wake up feeling filthy? What have you been doing all night? :p

The thing is, if I don't shower in the evening, I feel filthy. Blood spatters, food smells, whatever is on the seat on my bus ride, the insides of my socks, dust in the wind... all tumbling into bed with me. Ugh!

But then if I shower in the evening, I have to figure out what to do with wet hair.... :sleep:

In the AM, also had a past tradition of taking a shower at work before doing autopsies. But never after, because I make a point out of not getting ANY blood on me when working ;)

I prefer showering in the morning because it helps me wake up. But sometimes as deschutes says, I feel gross at the end of the day. Then I take a shower at the end of the day. On weekends, sometimes I even take them in the middle - crazy, huh? :)

beary said:
I prefer showering in the morning because it helps me wake up. But sometimes as deschutes says, I feel gross at the end of the day. Then I take a shower at the end of the day. On weekends, sometimes I even take them in the middle - crazy, huh? :)
yup. sounds crazy to me.

I don't like showers in the winter because my skin is so dry. I have to slather on all sorts of oils and creams that a 10 minute shower turns into 30 minutes. And that's not counting washing my hair, which would add on 10-15 minutes of shower time, plus any time to dry/style if I'm so inclined. If I let it air dry, it turns into a big poof ball.

I do love baths in the evenings. Squirt some lavendar baby oil in the water and I'm set.

bananaface said:
is this question really necessary? :laugh:

Dunno. Just don't like how I feel when I get up. It wakes me up to take a shower and I feel more ready for the day.