A special favor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LifeTake2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've debated posting this here, but we are in the midst of application season and I know how easy it is to get overwhelmed and distracted with all that needs to be done.

Many of you have families and I would like to ask that you all take a moment today and give an extra hug to your child/sibling/parent/significant-other and pause to be grateful for all we are given in life.

My son lost his battle with CF this week at the way-to-young age of 10. I have no regrets on how he lived or died, but there can never been enough moments taken in life to focus on what is the most important.

Thank you,

Tom

Members don't see this ad.

I am so sorry for you loss Tom. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh Tom, I am so so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Tom, I have often seen your sig as I scroll through the forums, and I admired your decision to take care of your child while putting med school on hold. I am sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I will be sure to give my children an extra hug, even if they are grown, and be grateful for them.

I am very sorry for your loss. I have five boys of my own and cannot even imagine.... My thoughts are with you and your family through this terrible time.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for posting. We all need to remember this from time to time. I will surely hold my own children a little longer tonight. (especially my son name Tommy)

Prayers for you and your family.

Tom,

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. It's sad for me just to hear it. I will pray for you and your family. Rest assured, my kids will get an extra special hug when I get home.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family as you go through this time. I will definitely give my wife an extra hug when I get home.

Tom:
I am not a frequent poster. In this forum, I read way more than I post…I have seen your signature and I have come across your posts in the past….I am a parent too. My sincerest condolences…my prayers for you and your family

Tom: I am so sorry to hear the sad news. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss. I followed many of your posts and admire the decisions you made that were clearly in the best interest of your family and involved a lot of self-denial.

Thank you for having courage and for being so selfless to post such a valuable perspective.

Tom, I am so sorry for your loss. Words seem inadequate at times like this. You and your family are in my prayers.

Tom -

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Like many others, I've watched your posts with interest and you have my deep admiration for the tough decision you made to put medical school on hold to take care of your family. I will give my kiddos an extra squeeze tonight and keep you in my thoughts.

Take care.

Condolences - so sorry for your loss. I have an extra hug for my family, and prayers for yours.

My prayers are with you and your family as you endure this most challenging time. The gravity of your loss reminds me of how precious and fragile life is. Hugging my family tonight, just a little tighter.